[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Wed 9-20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Sep 20 21:55:58 EDT 2006

Hello here's the playlist for WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmon VA 23235

804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday September 20, 2006

(Young, Basie, Rushing) Baby Don't Tell on Me - The Essential Count Basie
Volume 1 - Columbia - CK 40608

(Dickie Wells, Count Basie) Stay Cool - Blues by Basie / One O'Clock Jump
- Collectables - COL-CD-6637

(Roy Alfred, William May) Lean Baby - Flying Home: the Best of the Verve
Years - Illinois Jacquet - Verve - 314 521 644-2

(Earl Warren) 9:20 Special - Oscar Peterson Plays Count Basie - Verve -
314 519 011-2

(Edwards) Lovin' It, Lovin' It - Nothin' But the Truth - Teddy Edwards -
Prestige - OJCCD-813-2

(Freddie Hubbard) Down under - Mosaic - Art Blakey and the Jazz messengers
- Blue Note - CDP 7 46523 2

(Michel Camilo) Hello and Goodbye - Hands of Rhythm - Giovanno Hidalgo
featuring Michel Camilo -  RMM/Tropijazz RMD 82053

(Brian Lynch) Guajira Dubois - Simpatico - Brian Lynch & Eddie Palmieri -
Artist Share - AS 0057

(Thelonious Monk) Think of One - Criss-Cross - Thelonious Monk -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 48823

(Yip Harburg, Burton Lane) How Are Things in Glocca Mora - Sonny Rollins
Volume One - Blue Note - CDP 7 81542 2

8:01 NPR News

(Al Jolson, Dave Dweyer, Billy Rose) Back in Your Own Back Yard / (Mark
Gordon, Harry Revel) Goodnight My Love - You Do Something to Me -
Boilermaker Jazz Band - BMJB-08CD

(Teddy Wilson) Blues in C Sharp Minor - The Noble Art of Teddy Wilson -
ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5450

(Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Sid Robin) Flying Home - Ella: the
legendary Decca recordings - Decca Jazz - GRD-4-648

(Nat King Cole) I'm an Errand Boy for Rhythm - The Complete Capitol
Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic 138

(Ted Koehler, Harold Arlen) Get Happy - The Modern Red Norvo - Savoy Jazz
- 17113

(Ann Ronnell) Willow Weep for Me - From This Moment on - Diana Krall -
Verve - B0007323-02

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - Walking with  My Bass - Nilson Matta - Blue
Toucan Music - BTO 20819

(De Walt, Cosby, Woods) Ain't That the Truth - Do the Boomerang: the Music
of Junior Walker - Don Byron - 0946 3 41094 2 0

(Josef Zawinul) 125th Street Congress - Forecast: Tomorrow - Weather
Report - 82796 93604 2

9:01 NPR News

(Romberg, Hammerstein) When I Grow Too Old to Dream - Back at the Chicken
Shack - Jimmy Snith - Blue Note - CDP 7 46402 2

In the Evening When the Sun Goes down / I Don't Care Who Knows - Charles
Brown the Classic Earliest Recordings - JSP records - 7707E

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) The Surrey with the Fringe on Top - The Miles
Davis Quintet/the Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions - Prestige Records -
PRCD-4444-2

(John Hicks) Not Too Straight - Impressions of Mary Lou - John Hicks -
High Note - HCD 7046

(McHugh, Adams) A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening - The Misty Miss Christy
- June Christy - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7 98542 2

(Yip Harburg, Harold Arlen) Over the Rainbow - Landscape - Art Pepper -
Galaxy - OJCCD-676-2

(Carmichael, Parish) Stardust - Dizzy's Business - Dizy Gillespie All Star
Big Band featuring Roberta Gambarini - Manchester Craftsmen's Guild - MCGJ
1023