[JPL] Playlist: WCVE Richmond VA 9-21

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 21 21:53:25 EDT 2006

Here's my playlist from tonight, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the addess below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmon VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 21, 2006

(Bill Holman) As They Reveled - On Stage - Bill Perkins Octet - Pacific
Jazz - CDP 7243 4 93163 2 4

(Thad Jones) Dedication - Consummation - Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Jazz
Orchestra - Blue Note - 7243 5 38226 2 0

(Oliver Nelson) Elegy for a Duck - Sound Pieces - Oliver Nelson - Impulse
- GRD-103

(Irving Berlin) They Say It's Wonderful - The Dual Role of Bob Brookmeyer
- Prestige - OJCCD-1729-2

(David Raksin, Johnny Mercer) Laura - Clifford Brown with Strings - EmArcy
- 814 642-2

(Clifford Brown) Blues Walk - Alone Together: the Best of the Mercury
Years - Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Verve - 314 526 373-2

(Eddie Palmieri, Brian Lynch) Jazzucar - Simpatico - Brian Lynch, Eddie
Palmieri and Giovanni Hidalgo - Artist Share - AS 0057

(Irving Berlin) How Deep Is the Ocean - Olympia 2000 - Ahmad Jamal with
George Coleman - Birdology / Dreyfus Jazz - FDM 36629-2

8:01 NPR News

(Sam Thread) I'll be Glad When You're Dead You Rascal You / (Johnny Burke,
Harold Spina) You're Not the Only Oyster in the Stew / (Shelton Brooks)
Darktown Strutters Ball - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy - 82876 83267 2

(Jimmy Eaton, Terry Shand) I'm Gonna Lock My Heart and Throw away the Key
- Give Me Your Telephone Number - Boilermaker Jazz Band - BMJB-07CD

(Ellington) Portrait of Wellman Braud - African Tarantella / Dances with
Duke - Stefon Harris - Blue Note Records - 0946 3 41090 2 4

(A. Greene, E. Waldman) Lean on Me - Standards Rican-ditioned - Ray
Barretto - Zoho - 200610

(Baden Powell) Berimbau - Walking with My Bass - Nilson Matta - Blue
Toucan Music - BTO 120819

(Irving Berlin) Isn't This a Lovely Day - From This Moment on - Diana
Krall - Verve - B0007323-02

(Cole Porter) Easy to Love / (Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein) All the
Things You Are / (I. Styne, S. Cahn) I Fall in Love too Easily - Chet
Baker Quartet Featuring Russ Freeman - Pacific Jazz Records - CDP 7243 4
93164 2 3

(Guaraldi) Treat Street - Greatest Hits - Vince Guaraldi - Fantasy - FCD
7706-2

9:01 NPR News

(Edward Simon) The Midst of Chaos - Unicity - Edward Simon - Camjazz -
5019

(Tate, Dorough, Tucker) TNT - What's New - Jimmy Ponder - High Note - HCD
7100

(Peter Chatmn) Every Day I Have the Blues - Jazz Masters 2 - Count Basie -
314 589 819-2

(Pozo, Fuller) Tin Tin Deo - Afro-Jaws - Eddie Lockjaw Davis - Riverside -
OJCCD-403-2

(John Green, Edward Heyman) I Cover the Waterfront - Hank Jones Live at
Maybeck Recital Hall, Volume 16 - Concord - CCD-4502

(Gershwin) Strike up the Band - Stan Getz: the Complete Roost recordings -
CDP 7243 8 59623 2 5

(Jerome Moross, John Latouche) Lazy Afternoon - Lazy Afternoon - Elin -
Blue Toucan Music - BT011852

(Lee Morgan) Desert Moonlight - The Rumproller - Lee Morgan - Blue Note -
7243 5 21229 2 9

(Delange, Mills, Ellington) Solitude - Louis Armatrong & Duke Ellington -
Roulette Jazz - CDP 7938442