[JPL] about THE MORNING SET 9/22/06 ( INT. WITH UMAR BIN HASSAN OF THE LAST POETS)

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Fri Sep 22 15:41:29 EDT 2006

I have been a fan of The Last Poets since 1971 when I heard them for the
first time, the Right On! Lp followed by thier legendary self-titled album
and the rest. I have interviewed several members of the seminal group
including Umar. Did you ask about Jalal "Lightnin' Rod"?  Is he still exiled
in London? I am perplexed that you only played one Last Poet track and none
of Umar's solo efforts, Jazzoetry would've been ideal.

Arturo