[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 9/2/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Sep 23 00:29:47 EDT 2006

Friday, Sept 22, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURES:
THE JAZZ SIDE of RAY CHARLES (b. 9/23/1932)
Preview of Beantown Jazz Festival (Sep 29-Oct 1)
MacArthur Genius Awards to Regina Carter and John Zorn

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Regina Carter; Kenny Barron: Don't Explain,
A Great Night in Harlam (Concord)

8:23pm
Ray Charles: Just For A Thrill; Tell Me You'll Wait For Me; Come Rain or
Come Shine, The Genius of Ray Charles (Atlantic)

McCoy Tyner; Beantown Artist: Moment's Notice,
McCoy Tyner Plays John Coltrane (Impulse)

8:45pm
Delfeayo Marsalis; Beantown Artist: Lone Warrior,
Minions Dominions (Trubadour Music)

Donald Harrison jr; Beantown Artist: The Survivor,
The Survivor (Nagel Heyer)

9:09pm
Ray Charles; Milt Jackson: How Long Blues,
Soul Brothers Soul Meeting (Atlantic)

Ray Charles; Betty Carter: People Will Say We're in Love; For All We Know;
Just You, Just Me, Ray Charles and Betty Carter (ABC Paramount/Rhino)

9:31pm
John Zorn; Masada Chamber Ensemble: Sheloshim, Bar Kokhba (Tzadik)

Jimmy Cobb; Beantown Artist: Eleanor (Sister Cobb),
Marsalis Music Honors Jimmy Cobb (Marsalis Music)

Carmen Lundy; Beantown Artist: A Long Journey,
Curtis Lundy: Against All Odds (Justin Time)

9:53pm
Regina Carter; The String Trio of New York: Peace, Intermobility (Arabesque)

10:06pm
Ray Charles: I love You; Confession Blues; Alone in The City; If I Give You
My Love, The Birth of A Legend 1949-1952 (Ebony Music)

Kendrick Oliver & New Life Jazz Orchestra; Beantown Artist:
Kid from Nazareth, Welcome to The New Life (Sphere Music)

Kevin Mahogany; Beantown Artist: Free,
Another Time Another Place (Warner Brothers)

10:31pm
Steve Turre; Beantown Artist; with Ray Charles, piano: Ray's Collard Greens,
In The Spur of The Moment (Telarc)

Dave Liebman; Beantown Artist: Lazy Afternoon, Besame Mucho (Red Records)

Wallace Roney: Beantown Artist: I'll Keep Loving You, Mystikal (HighNote)

10:53pm
John Zorn; George Lewis; Bill Frisell: Melody for C; This I Dig of You;
Sonny's Crib, News For Lulu (Hat Art)

11:10am
Ray Charles: Dis Here; I Remember Clifford; Senor Blues,
My Kind of Jazz (Tangerine/Rhino)

11:27pm
Kenny Garrett; Beantown Artist: May Peace Be Upon Them,
Beyond The Wall (Nonesuch)

Omar Sosa; Beantown Artist: Gracias Senor, Ballads (Ota Records)

Michael Carvin; Beantown Artist: The Lamp is Low,
Marsalis Music HonorsMichael Carvin (Marsalis Music)

Regina Carter: Sentimental Journey, I'll Be Seeing You (Verve)

John Zorn; Paul Shapiro: To Life (La Chiam), Midnight Minyan (Tzadik)

END