[JPL] Under the Radar (wshafm - wshafm.org) 09-24-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 05:54:11 EDT 2006

*New release
1am
Thomas Chapin, Pet Scorpion (Ride)
Arthur Blythe, Dance Benita Dance (Hipmotism)
*Anton Schwartz, Slightly Off Course (radient blue)
Judy Niemack, You and the Night and the Music (night and the music)
*Michele Rosewoman & Quintessence, Advance Dance (The In Side Out)
Booker Little, The Grand Valse (in New York)
Booker Little, Moonlight Becomes You (Booker Little & Max Roach)
*Ed Simon, Evoluition (Unicity)

2am
*Modo Trio with Jamie Saft, No Harm (The Uninvited)
*Club d'Elf, A Toy For A Boy (Now I Understand)
*Mark Masters Ensemble, Tree Patterns (Wish Me Well)
*Flat Earth Society, Hilton's Heaven (psychoscout)
Abdullah Ibrahim Ishmael (The More We Know)
Ornette Coleman Quartet, Congeniality (The Shape of Jazz To Come)
Ornette Coleman Trio, Faces and Places (At the "Golden Circle" Stockholm)

3am
Kamou Daaood, Army of Healers (liemert park)
John Coltrane, Afro Blue (One Down, One Up)
*Neal Miner, A Clever Air (the evening sound)
*Robert Magris Europlane w/Herb Geller, Stray Form (Il Bello Del Jazz)
Chet Baker, Star Eyes (The Italian Session)
*Elin, I Love New York (Lazy Afternoon)
*Deep Blue Organ Trio, Once I Loved (Goin' To Town)
Tango Crash, Milonga para Alberto

4am
*Patricia Barber, Persephone (Mythologies)
Charlie Mariano/Quique Sinesi, Faluseando (Tango Para Charlie)
Susheela Raman, Light Years (Music for Crocodiles)
*Bennie Maupin Ensemble, Walter Bishop, Jr. (Penumbra)
Lula Pena, Sodade & Rosinha dos Limoes (phados)
Astor Piazzolla, Mumuki (57 Minutos Con La Realidad)
Madredeus, O Tejo (Ainda)
*Kenny Werner, title cut (Democracy Now)

5am
*Branford Marsalis Quartet, Fate (Braggtown)
*Ted Nash & Still Evolved, Zaba's Dream (In The Loop)
Sun Ra, Stardust for Tomorrow (Somewhere Else)
Jack Walrath, Stardust (I Am The Walrath)
*Michael Musillami's Dialect, Emmett Spencer (Fragile Forms)
Jeremy Pelt, Eye Of The Beholder (Identity)
The Claudia Quintet, "...can you get through this life with a good heart?"
(I, Claudia)
Anouar Brahem, Un point bleu (Footprint of the Black Cat)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org