[JPL] Stephen Colbert disses John Zorn

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Mon Sep 25 16:05:18 EDT 2006

John Zorn is very much deserving too.  Obviously he pushes the envelope much more than a more mainstream artist such as Regina, so it stands to reason that there would be more controversy.  Yes, I have seen him live (many years ago at the old Knitting Factory on Houston in the Lower East Side), along with a koto player and Christian Marclay on turntables.  It was an incredible experience that I still remember vividly, so I have to agree with the comments that some of the "free jazz" players have to be experienced live rather than on recordings.

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues, World Music)
and Faculty Advisor
KSJS-FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
Music Calls: Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
(408) 848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu

In a message dated 9/24/2006 8:53:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,