[JPL] WWOZ Jazz from the Market guest Geraldine Wyckoff

Judy Wood jazzwood at charter.net
Tue Sep 26 09:11:49 EDT 2006

On Thursday, September 28, Geraldine Wyckoff will be my guest  for the
three hours of WWOZ Jazz from the Market, 4 to 7 PM CDT.
We will play music selected by  Geraldine Wyckoff and hear the stories
from her vast experience covering the jazz scene.
Her exposure to jazz began when she lived in New Jersey in the 60's
including hearing a live performance of John Coltrane.

Geraldine Wyckoff has covered the jazz scene of New Orleans for over 20
years writing for Down Beat, Jazziz, Jazz Times, New Orleans Gambit, and
many other publications.  She is recognized as an authority of the New
Orleans music scene including the New Orleans Mardi Gras Indians, brass
bands, second line parades, contemporary  and traditional jazz.    She
has followed the rise of many New Orleans musicians including Nicholas
Payton,  Brian Blade, Harry Connick, Jr., and the sons of Ellis Marsalis.

Presently , she writes for New Orleans OffBeat.

Jazz and Joy,
Judy Wood
Volunteer Host
Jazz from the Park