[JPL] Deval Patrick's jazz pedigree

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 07:32:57 EDT 2006

It's interesting when talking with Deval, he will almost never
mention that his father was a musician but he will talk about his
father leaving the family when he was very young. If you want to talk
about his Dad he will  refer to the reconciliation process they went
through but nothing about his being a musician. I've had the
opportunity to spend  a lot of time talking with Deval over the past
6 months (He's been a regular on the airwaves at NECN where I do a
lot of work). He knows my Jazz connections in town but he has never
once mentioned his Dad was a member of the Sun Ra band or that he was
a Jazz musician. He was more interested in talking about my
relationship with my Dad. He is most proud of the fact that they did
reconcile and the work it took for both he and his Dad to re-
establish a relationship.

Jeff Turton
WFNX Jazz Brunch