[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 09-27-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 00:44:02 EDT 2006

New release*

8:00pm
Roberto Magris Europlane w/Herb Geller, Stray Form (Il Bello Del Jazz)*
Buck Hill, RH Blues (relax)*
Michele Rosewoman, Life Is For Learning (The In Side Out)*
Randy Weston and His African Rhythms Trio, Portrait of Frank Edward Weston
(Zeptepi)*
Elliott Caine Quintet, Mambolicious (Blues From Mars)*
Kat Parra, title cut (birds in flight)*
Modo Trio w/Jamie Saft, Rocket Sauce (The Uninvited)*
Dr. Lonnie Smith, Witch Doctor (Jungle Soul)*
Teddy Edwards w/Tom Waits, I'm Not Your Fool Anymore (Mississippi Lad)

9pm
Bill Evans, How Am I To Know? (Green Dolphin Street)
John Coltrane, Bessie's Blues (Crescent)
Delfeayo Marsalis, title cut (Minion's Dominions)*
Charles Mingus, title cut/(Pithecanthropus Erectus)
Charles Mingus, Meditations on Integration, pts. I & II (..at Monterey)

10pm
Nancy King, Autumn in New York (Live at Jazz Standard w/Fred Hersch)
Tomasz Stanko Quartet, Lontano I (Lontano)*
Anton Schwartz, Groundsurge (radiant blue)*
Edsel Gomez, NYC Taxi Ride (Cubist Music)
Joe Locke & Geoffrey Keezer Group, Van Gogh By Numbers (live in Seattle)*
Neal Miner, Contemplations (the evening sound)*
Branford Marsalis Quartet, Fate (Braggtown)*

11pm
Hiromi, title cut (Spiral)
Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul Motian, Monroe*
Jason Kao Hwang, Threads (Edge)*
Flat Earth Society, Hilton's Heaven (psychscout)*
Bennie Maupin Ensemble, title cut (penumbra)
Ed Neumeister Quartet, Coping Song (Reflection)*
Mark Masters Ensemble, Monk's Sphere (Wish Me Well)*

Bob Rogers