[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Thu Sep 28 17:39:29 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 9/20/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Dave Holland - Critical Mass - Dare2
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
Gil Goldstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout
Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - High Note
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note
Diana Krall - From this Moment On - Verve
11-20:
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Mulgrew Miller - Live at the Kennedy Center, Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
Steven Bernstein - MTO Volume 1 - Sunnyside
Tomasz Stanko - Lontano - ECM
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave
Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch
Patricia Barber - Mythologies - Blue Note
Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World - Rounder
Branford Marsalis - Braggtown - Marsalis Music
and...
Skip Wilkins - Quintet, Vol. 1 - Dreambox Media
Phil Woods/John Coates - Giants at Work - Pacific Street
Mike Frost  - Coming Straight at Ya'- BluJazz
Delfeayo Marsalis - Minions Dominion - Troubadour Jass
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Winard Harper - Make It Happen - Piadrum
Steve Feierabend - Converging Paths - self
Ted Nash - In the Loop - Palmetto
Frank Morgan - Reflections - High Note
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Edward Simon - Unicity - CamJazz
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - Renwick
Anton Schwartz - Radiant Blue - Anton Jazz
Jane Bunnett - Radio Guatanamo - Blue Note
Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
Kenny Werner - DemocRacy - HalfNote
Ed Breazeale - Just Beyond - self
Trio Beyond - Saudades - ECM
Caribbean Jazz Project - Mosaic - Concord
Buck Hill - Relax - Severn
Eliane Elias - Around the City - Bluebird
Jamie Davis - It's A Good Thing - Unity Music
Kat Parra - Birds in Flight - JazzMa
Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone
Geri Allen - Timeless Protraits and Dreams - Telarc
Mike Melvoin Trio - You Know - City Light
Jacqui Naylor - The Color Five - Ruby Star
Barbara Sfraga - Timelessness Frozen in Time - SyncTimiCity
Jim Tomlinson - The Lyric - O+ Music
Dave Stryker - The Chaser - Mel Bay
Dave Kikoski - Lighter Way - Apria
Joe Gilman - View So Tender:  Wonder Revisited - Capri
Jon Faddis - Teranga - Koch
Ray Barretto - Standards Rican-ditioned - Zoho
Scott Hamilton - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord
Brad Mehldau - House on Hill - Nonesuch
Adds:
Pat Bianchi - East Coast Roots - Jazzed Media
Frisell/Carter/Motian - Frisell/Carter/Motian - Nonesuch
Keith Jarrett - Carnegie Hall Concert - ECM
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Metheny/Mehldau - Nonesuch

Doodlin' - September 26, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Terry Gibbs - Dance with the Brushes - Findin' the Groove - Jazzed Media
Steven Bernstein - Pennies from Heaven - MTO Vol. 1 - Sunnyside

Bob Lark/Phil Woods - Abruzzi - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media

Sathima Bea Benjamin - Music - Song Spirit - Ekapa
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Wholy Holy - What's Going On - Shout Factory
Frisell/Carter/Motian - I'm So Lonely I Could Cry - Frisell/Carter/
Motian - Nonesuch

Deep Blue Organ Trio - No Hype Blues - Goin' To Town - Delmark
Nancy Wilson - Taking a Chance on Love - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Joe Lovano - Cool - Streams of Expression - Blue Note

Mulgrew Miller - When I Get There - Live at the Kennedy Center, Vol.1
- MaxJazz

Mike Melvoin - They Sing the Blues in Kansas City - Did You Know -
City Light
Mary Foster Conklin - Blues for Breakfast - Blues for Breakfast -
Rhombus
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Unrequited - Metheny/Mehldau - Nonesuch

Elias Haslanger - Watch Your Step - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Steve Feierabend - Contemplation - Converging Paths - self

Dave Holland - The Eyes Have It - Critical Mass - Dare2
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note