[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Thur 9-28

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 28 21:48:05 EDT 2006

Here's the WCVE playlist from tonight. Archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 28, 2006

(Kern, Gershwin) A Sure Thing - A Sure Thing - Blue Mitchell - Riverside -
OJCCD-837-2

(Jackie McLean) Five Will Get You Ten - A Fickle Sonance - Jackie McLean -
Blue Note - 7243 5 24544 2 6

(Miles davis) Walkin' - Reflections - Frank Morgan - High Note - HCD 7154

(Brian Lynch) The Palmieri Effect - Simpatico - Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri
- Artist Share - AS 0057

(Billy Strayhorn) Daydream - One Flight down - cedar Walton - High Note -
HCD 7157

(Eliane Elias) Another Day - Around the City - Eliane Elias - Bluebird -
82876 80228-2

(Neal Miner) Shades of Blue - The Evening Sound - Neal Miner - Smalls
records - SRCD-0017

(Edwards, Cobb) School Days / (Troup) Hungry Man - Louis Jordan and His
Tympani Five Disc E: 1949-1950 - JSP Records - JSPCD905E

8:01 NPR News

(John Hendricks) Minor Catastrophe - The Pepper-Knepper Quintet - Fresh
Sound Records - FSR-CD 344

(Robin and Rainger) Easy Living - Compact Jazz - Dnah Washington - Mercury
- 830 700-2

(Jackson) Put off - Statements - Milt Jackson - Impulse - GRD-130

(Nilson matta) Bossa for Copacabana - Walking with My Bass - Nilson Matta
- Blue Toucan Music - BT0120819

(Dave Holland) Easy Did It - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - Sunnyside/Dare
2 Records - SSC 3058

(Vic Young, Ned Washington) My Foolish Heart - Bill Evans Trio at the
Village Vanguard - Riverside - FCD -60-017

(Bennie Benjamin) I Love Your Lovin' Ways / (Nina Simone, Waring Cuney)
Images /(Andy Stroud) Nearer Blessed Lord - Four Women: the Nina Simone
Philips Recordings - Verve - 440 065 021-2

(Frank Loesser) Sit down, You're Rocking the Boat - Louis Armstrong
1950-1951 - Classics - 1233

9:01 NPR News

(Mulgrew Miller) When I Get There - Mulgrew Miller Live at the Kennedy
Center Volume One - Maxjazz - MXJ 217

(Vernon Duke, Yip Harburg) April in Paris - Sarah Vaughan - Verve - 314
543 305-2

(Sonny Rollins) Why Don't I - Volume Two - Sonny Rollins - Blue Note -
7243 4 97809 2 7

(Billy Strayhorn) Sweet and Pungent - Blues in Orbit - Duke Ellington -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 87041

(Ruby Braff) Here's Carl - Bravura Eloquence - Ruby Braff - Concord -
CCD-4423

(Pete Johnson) You Don't Know My Mind - Pete Johnson: King of Boogie -
Pete Johnson - Milan - 73138 35622-2

(Goodman, Hampton) Flying Home - The Genius of the Electric Guitar -
Charlie Christian - Columbia - C4K 65564

(Waller, Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy - 82876
83267 2

(Andrew Hill) The Rumproller - The Rumproller - Lee Morgan - Blue Note -
7243 5 21229 2 9