[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST, WGBH, Boston 11/30/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Dec 1 00:10:45 EST 2007

Jazz from Studio Four
WGBH, 89.7FM, Boston
Friday, Nov 30, 8pm/midnight

HAPPY 76th BIRTHDAY JACK SHELDON (b. 11/30/1931)
RIP CECIL PAYNE (d. 11/27/2007)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Jack Sheldon: The Shadow of Your Smile, Listen Up (Butterfly)
Jack Sheldon: Historia De Un Amor, Art Pepper:
The Hollywood All-Star Sessions (Galaxy)
Jack Sheldon: Follow Me (composer, Cecil Payne), Playing For Change (Uptown)

8:28pm
Jimmy Smith; featuring Cecil Payne: Blues No.1,
Six Views of The Blues (Blue Note)
Cecil Payne; Duke Jordan: Jordu, Brooklyn Brothers (Muse LP)
Cecil Payne: Lover Man, Payne's Window (Delmark)

8:50pm
Jack Sheldon: A Jazz Musician's Christmas, Jack Sheldon (Jack Sheldon)
Jack Sheldon; Ross Tompkins: Over The Rainbow, On My Own (Concord)
Kenny Drew; featuring Jack Sheldon: It's Only A Paper Moon,
Talikin' and Walkin' (Pacific Jazz/Blue Note)

9:10pm
JJ Johnson; featuring Cecil Payne: Mad Bebop,
Origins The Savoy Sessions (Savoy)
Dizzy Gillespie; featuring Cecil Payne: Stay On It,
The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (Bluebird)
Kenny Clarke; featuring Cecil Payne: Jay Mac,
Complete 1946-1950 Swing Master Takes (Jazz Factory)
Dizzy Reece; featuring Cecil Payne: Sriritus Parkus (Parker's Spiritus),
Asia Minor (Prestige New Jazz)

9:29pm
Curtis Counce; featuring Jack Sheldon: Nica's Dream,
Carl's Blues (Contemporary)
Jack Sheldon: Wait And See, California Cool (Butterfly)
Marty Paich Big Band; featuring Jack Sheldon: No More
The Modern Touch (Lonehill Jazz /Warner Bros)

9:51pm
Walter Booker; featuring Cecil Payne: Cook Book,
Bookie's Cookbook (Mapleshade)
Art Blakey; featuring Cecil Payne: A Night at Tony's,
Theory of Art (RCA Bluebird)
Cannonball Adderley; featuring Cecil Payne: Willows,
Julian "Cannonball" Adderlry (Emarcy/Verve)
Dinah Washington; featuring Cecil Payne: Blue Gardenia,
The Definitive Dinah Washington (Verve/Blue Note)

10:17pm
Tierney Sutton; featuring Jack Sheldon: Glad to Be Unhappy,
On The Other Side (Telarc)
Anita O'Day; featuring Jack Sheldon: I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out,
Rules of The Road (Pablo)
Jack Sheldon: Mad About The Boy, The Quartet & The Quintet (Pacific Jazz)
Jack Sheldon: So What, Listen Up (Butterfly)
Tierney Sutton; featuring Jack Sheldon: I Want to Be Happy,
On The Other Side (Telarc)

10:41pm
Cecil Payne: Brookfield Andante, Brookfield Andante (Spotlite LP)
John Coltrane; featuring Cecil Payne: Route 4, Dakar (Prestige)

11:05pm
Frank Morgan; featuring Jack Sheldon: Crescendo Blues,
Frank Morgan (GNP Crescendo)
Jimmy Giuffre; featuring Jack Sheldon: Do it!,
The Complete Capital and Atlantic Recordings (Mosaic)
John Grass; featuring Jack Sheldon: Let's Fall in Love,
Jazzmantics (Lonehill Jazz (Decca))
Jack Sheldon: Green Dolphin Street,
Jack Sheldon and His All Stars (GNP Crescendo)

11:25pm
Cecil Payne: Dear People, Stop and Listen To Cecil Payne (Fresh Sound)
Randy Weston; featuring Cecil Payne: Cry Me Not,
Randy Weston Select (Mosaic)
Kenny Dorham; featuring Cecil Payne: Venita's Dance, Afro Cuban (Blue Note)
Cecil Payne; Duke Jordan: I Want to Talk About You,
Brooklyn Brothers (Muse LP)

11:45pm
Jack Sheldon: That Old Feeling, Playin' It Straight (Realtime)
Jack Sheldon; Ross Tompkins: It's The Talk of The Town,
Class Act (Jadi/Butterfly)

11:56pm
Jack Sheldon: You Better Go Now, Playing For Change (Uptown)