[JPL] Songwriters Birthdays - December

dick lapalm dlpjazz at thegrid.net
Sat Dec 1 05:13:19 EST 2007

SONGWRITERS BIRTHDAYS - DECEMBER

Dec. 1  (1896)   Ray Henderson    Music:   The Best Things in Life Are
Free, It All Depends On You, Birth of the Blues, Bye Bye Blackbird, The
Thrill Is Gone.

Dec. 2  (1915)   Adolph Green    Lyrics:  Never Never Land, The Party's
Over, Just In Time, Make Someone Happy.

Dec. 3  (1909)   Dana Suesse     Music:   The Night is Young and You're
So Beautiful, My Silent Love, You Ought To Be in Pictures.

Dec. 6  (1896)   Ira Gershwin    Lyrics:  'S Wonderful, Embraceable You,
I've Got a Crush On You, The Man I Love, Fascinating Rhythm, Someone To
Watch Over Me, But Not For Me, Soon, Who Cares?, They All Laughed.

Dec. 9  (1903)   Matty Malneck    Music:   Goody Goody, I'm Through With
Love, Stairway to The Stars, I'll Never Be the Same.

Dec. 10  (1893)   Lew Brown    Music:  Birth of The Blues, Lucky In
Love, That Old Feeling, The Best Things In Life Are Free, Button Up Your
Overcoat, Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries.

Dec. 10  (1906)   Harold Adamson   Lyrics:  This Is a Lovely Way To
Spend An Evening, It's a Most Unusual Day, Time On My Hands, How Blue
The Night, Everything I Have Is Yours.

Dec. 12  (1923)   Bob Dorough    Music & Lyrics:  I've Got Just About
Everything, But For Now, There's Never Been a Day.  Music:  Devil May
Care, Nothing Like You.

Dec. 16  (1895)   Andy Razaf    Lyrics:  Ain't Misbehavin', S'posin,
Honeysuckle Rose, Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You?, Stompin' At The Savoy.

Dec. 16  (1899)   Noel Coward    Music & Lyrics:  A Room With a View,
Mad About The Boy, If Love Were All, Poor Little Rich Girl.

Dec. 19  (1928)   Morris Charlap     Music:   You Only You, I Won't Grow
Up, Great Day in the Morning, I Gotta Crow, Love Eyes, Young Ideas

Dec. 20  (1907)   Paul F. Webster   Lyrics:  I've Got It Bad and That
Ain't Good, The Shadow of Your Smile, Baltimore Oriole, Secret Love,
Jump For Joy, Love Is a Many Splendored Thing.

Dec. 21  (1905)   Harry Revel    Music:  There's a Lull in My Life, Stay
As Sweet As You Are, And So To Bed, Never In a Million Years.

Dec. 24  (1893)   Harry Warren    Music:  At Last, Jeepers Creepers,
There Will Never Be Another You, This Heart of Mine, I Only Have Eyes
For You, September In The Rain, The More I See You.

Dec. 26  (1921)   Steve Allen   Music & Lyrics:  This Could Be The Start
of Something, Impossible, Gravy Waltz, Pretend You Don't See Her.

Dec. 27  (1902)   Sam Coslow    Music:  Cocktails For Two, I'm In Love
With The Honorable Mr. So and So, My Old Flame, Just One More Chance.

Dec. 27  (1906)   Oscar Levant    Music:  Blame It On My Youth,
Afterglow, Pardon My Love.

Dec. 27  (1916)    John Frigo   Music:  Detour Ahead, Seeing You Like
This, I Told Ya' I Love Ya' Now Get Out.

Dec. 28  (1899)   Abner Silver    Music:  With These Hands, How Did He
Look?, The Mood That I'm In, There Goes My Heart.

Dec. 28  (1906)   Ann Ronell     Music & Lyrics:   Willow Weep For Me,
Linda, My Heart Is Showing.

Dec. 31  (1885)   Edgar Leslie    Lyrics:  A Little Bit Independent, For
Me and My Gal, Among My Souvenirs, Lost In a Dream.

Dec. 31  (1905)   Jule Styne    Music:  Just In Time, Guess I'll Hang My
Tears Out To Dry, People, Time After Time, It's You Or No One, Three
Coins In The Fountain, It's Magic,The Music That Makes Me Dance.

Warm wishes, and Happy Holidays
Dick LaPalm