[JPL] About the jazz in Citizen Kane, who knows the players?

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Dec 3 17:40:07 EST 2007

I know, I need to be chastised but believe it or not I have never seen one
of the acknowledged masterpieces of cinema, Orson Welles' Citizen Kane, one
of the few top 50 movies on everyone's list that I have not seen. Late
Saturday night unwinding after a hectic day I was channel surfing when some
stimulating music
made me stop, it was a scene towards the end of Citizen Kane in an "open
garden" party at night affair with some jazz musicians or actors portraying
jazzers playing some jazz that for the movie's era seemed very ahead of its
time, I couldn't think of anyone playing in that style at the time, almost
free form. After the scene ended I switched channels as not to spoil the
ending, I have already added the film to my queue at Netflix to watch in its
entirety. A google search provided no clue as to the music or musicians from
the O S T or other sources.

Anyone here know about the music and the musicians? Was Orson Welles a jazz
fan? It appears he was for including some jazz in the movie.

Arturo