[JPL] Playlist WCVE 12-03

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Dec 3 21:56:04 EST 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Monday December 3, 2007

(Gershwin) A Foggy Day - Tenderly - Oscar Peterson Trio - Just a Memory -
JAM 9147-2

(Richie Powell) Gertrude's Bounce - Alone Together: Clifford Brown and Max
Roach - Mercury/Verve - 314 526 373-2

(Jim Snidero) K2 - Tippin' - Jim Snidero - Savant - SCD 2086

(Evans, Mann) No Moon at All - Day Is Done - Brad Meldauh - Nonesuch
records - 79910-2

(Mulgrew Miller) Soul-Leo - Con Alma - Mark Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH1154

(Duke Ellington) Come Sunday - Abbey Is Blue - Abbey Lincoln - Riverside -
OJCCD-069-2

(Gillespie) A Night in Tunisia - Terms of Art - The John Brown Quintet

(Gigi Gryce) Hymn of the Orient - Breathing Space - Ben Paterson Trio -
OA2 Records - 22040

8:01 NPR News

(George Russell) Cubano Be Cubano Bop - Roots of Afro Cuban Jazz - Dizzy
Gillespie Orchestra - Blue Note - 7243 5 31379 2 2

(Merceron) Negro Nanambora - Latin Classics Volume 1 - Machito - Pazzazz -
1 Pazz-023-1

(Shorty Rogers) Jam-Bo - The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King
Cole trio - Mosaic - 138

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) My Man's Gone Now - Porgy and Bess - Miles
Davis and Gil Evans - Columbia - CK 40647

(Scott LaFaro) Gloria's Step - Bill Evans Trio - Riverside - FCD-60-017

(Cahn, Brodsky) Be My Love - Sarah Slightly Classical -  Sarah Vaughan -
Roulette Jazz - CDP 7950772

(Horace Silver) The Back Beat - The Stylings of Silver - Horace Silver -
Blue Note - CDP 7243 5 40034 2 4

(Clarence Williams) Down Hearted Blues / (Porter Grainger, E. Robbins)
T'ain't Nobody's Business if I Do - Bessie Smith: The Complete Recrdings
Volume 1, Disc 1 - Columbia - C2K 47091

Low Down Dog - Big Joe Turner Disc B 1942-1946 - JSP - 7709B

(Evan Christopher) The King of Treme - Delta Bound - Evan Christopher
Featuring Dick Hyman - Arbors - ARCD 19

9:01 NPR News

(Harold Vick) A Rose for Wray - Hidden Treasures - Gary Smulyan -
Reservoir - RSR CD 185

(Bernice Petkere & Joseph Young) Lullabye of the Leaves - Mary Stallings
Live at the Village Vangaurd - Maxjazz - MXJ 112

 (Irving Berlin) How Deep Is the Ocean - Invocation - Paul Bollenback -
Elefant Dreams - ED 4550

(Kurt Weill, M. Anderson) Lost in the Stars - Tony Bennet's Greatest Hits
- RPM Records/Columbia/Legacy - 82876 84786 2

(Simon & Bernier) Poinciana - Ahmad Jamal at the Pershing: But Not for Me
- MCA Chess records - CHD-9108

(John Coltrane) Lazy Bird - Blue Trane  - John Coltrane - Blue Note - CDP
7243 8 53428 0 6

(Duke Ellington, Frankie Laine) What Am I Here for? - Ella Swings Brightly
with Nelson - Ella Fitzgerald with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra - Verve -
314 519 347-2

(Ellington, Mills, Bigard) Mood Indigo - Everybody Knows Johnny Hodges -
Impulse - GRD-116

(Turk, Ahlert) Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Unforgettable - Joe Pass -
Pablo - PACD-2310-964-2