[JPL] Eric Alan's Jazz Rendezvous Playlist Cape Town SA

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Tue Dec 4 08:42:02 EST 2007

PRS/SAMRO MUSIC LOG
Program Title: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on RADIO 2000
Presenter: ERIC ALAN
Date: SUNDAY December 02, 2007
Time: 18h00 to 20h00

ALBUM TITLE --- TITLE --- ARTIST --- RECORD COMPANY --- S.A. MUSIC

Sunset Boulevard --- Jazz Rendezvous Intro/ Outro (Rise And Shine) --Gary
Deacon --- Demo
BIG BAND BREAK or AFRIJAZZ TUNE - Guess who the Big band is or the South
African Jazz Singer or Musician is
³It's just a job to some but Oh boy what a great job I have. I love it so
much that even if it were very early on a Sunday morning I would just get up
to go to work if I had to² Interview
Castle Lager Jazz Festival 1964 --- Perserverance (Ngenyameko) --- Early
Mabuza Quartet --- CCP Records --- S.A. MUSIC

Castle Lager Jazz Festival 1964 --- Zandile --- Molombo Jazz Men --- CCP
Records --- S.A. MUSIC

ALBUM of the WEEK - A double play from the an album chosen as the album of
the week with a bit of info about the album given between tracks or a brief
chat with the musician
Song --- Rejoice --- Tutu Puoane --- Saphrane --- S.A. MUSIC

ALBUM of the WEEK -
Song --- Prologue --- Tutu Puoane --- Saphrane --- S.A. MUSIC
Song --- He Needs Me --- Tutu Puoane --- Saphrane --- S.A. MUSIC

BILLBOARD TOP 15 CONTEMPORARY JAZZ CHARTS - What's new on the Billboard
Sales Charts - countdown of the Billboard Top 10 Contemporary Jazz Albums -
From
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Conte
mporary+Jazz
Off The Record ---Cry Me A River ---Jason Reolon Trio  ---Jason Reolon ---
S.A. MUSIC

A Twist of Jeff --- Manano --- Jeff Maluleke --- Sheer Sound --- S.A. MUSIC

Make A Difference --- Be What You Want --- Tucan Tucan --- Tucan Tucan ---
S.A. MUSIC

GIG GUIDE - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT - Selected gig guide from the various centers
around the country where jazz is on the menu - Who's playing where and
what's around the country
Portrait --- Don't Stop Being Kind and Truthful --- Jimmy Dludlu ---
Universal Music --- S.A. MUSIC

BIRTHDAY BOOK, ENTERTAINERS / CELEBRATORY BIRTHDAYS COMING UP - Selected
celebratory birthdays for the week ahead
DOUBLE PLAY BACK TO BACK - Listeners are asked to call in with the names of
the two singers who sing the same song. Some song facts given as well
Turn Back The Hands Of Time --- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise --- Harry
Talas --- Harry Talas --- S.A. MUSIC
Dream Dancing --- Softly as in a Morning Sunrise --- Esther Miller ---
Records --- S.A. MUSIC

The G. A. S. Orchestral Album Judith Sephuma & Jack van Poll with the
Metropole Orchestra --- Ntyilo Ntyilo arr Chuck Owen --- Judith Sepuma &
Jack van Poll with The Metropole Orchestra cond Jim McNeely ---Metropole
Demo --- S.A. MUSIC

THIS WEEK IN ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY - Music items of interest from the
history books
BLUES BREAK - A couple of Blues tunes back to back
Live & Direct --- Just Can't Take It --- Boulevard Blues Band --- BBB ---
S.A. MUSIC

QUOTATION OF THE DAY - A quotation by a well-know celebrity A quotation from
the lips of well-known musicians Here's our musical quotation and we'd like
to know who said it, If you know who said it call me on with your answer
Vivid Africa --- Nuevolito --- McCoy Mrubata & Greg Hadjiyorki Georgiades
--- Melt 2000 --- S.A. MUSIC

Ahead --- Horace --- Mark Fransman's Strait & Narro --- Bowline --- S.A.
MUSIC

BEYOND SONG/TUNE OR THE DAY - Great songs or tunes that are not or have no
jazz influence thus cannot be called jazz, but are really great pieces of
music that deserve wider airplay
Light and Sound --- Destiny --- Fiona Tozer --- Awsome Records --- S.A.
MUSIC

The Vintage Years --- It Had To Be You --- Peter Lotis With Sam Sklair ---
Sony Columbia --- S.A. MUSIC

JAZZWEEK RADIO PLAY TOP 50 JAZZ CHARTS - What's new on the JazzWeek Radio
Play Top 50 Jazz Albums - The Jazzweek Radio Play Chart of the Week -
countdown of the Top 10 Reprinted from JazzWeek ‹
http://www.jazzweek.com/chart/jazzchart.html
Reflections --- I'm In Love With Spring --- Miriam Makeba & Nelson Lumumba
Lee --- Heads Up Gallo --- S.A. MUSIC

My Favourite Swings --- Here Comes The Rain Again --- Harry Sideropoulos ---
Sting --- S.A. MUSIC

The Colours They Bring --- Lulu In Adderley Street --- Feya Faku ---
Jassics --- S.A. MUSIC

GIG GUIDE - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT - Selected gig guide from the various centers
around the country where jazz is on the menu - Who's playing where and
what's around the country
We Three (SA) ---Bag's Groove --- Jack van Poll, Dave Young & Lulu Gontsana
--- October Records --- S.A. MUSIC

Al Daai Jazz ---Maak Nie Regtig Saak Nie --- Karen Zoid --- Rooi Rose ---
S.A. MUSIC

THIS DAY in MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY - Items of interest on this day in
history
African Eyes --- No Words --- Shannon Mowday --- Shannon Mowday Records ---
S.A. MUSIC

WHAT¹S the NAME OF THE tune of the DAY - Listeners are asked to call in with
the name of the tune
Everything I Love (NR) --- Desafinado (Slightly Out Of Tune) --- Natascha
Roth & James Scholfield --- Hopper --- S.A. MUSIC

We end off with tune by young pianist Bokani Macha, which we dedicate as a
tribute to all who those selfless people who are involved with vital work in
a field of what has become the greatest scourge our, and world society faces
today, HIV/AIDS.
Hymn for The Warriors --- Hymn for The Warriors --- Bokani Mahca Trio --- BM
Demo --- S.A. MUSIC

Back Announce & Play Out with Jazz Rendezvous Show Outro under voice ­
Goodbye's & last words of wisdom

Quotes of the Day

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air
molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
Frank Zappa

Hell hath no fury like a hustler with a literary agent.
Frank Sinatra

When I started to play trumpet I was fortunate to learn very quickly.
Frankie Avalon

Jazz was my first love.
Frankie Valli

Luck, be a lady tonight.
Frank Loesser

Joke of the Day

Saint Peter is checking in new arrivals in heaven.

"What did you do on Earth?"

"I was a surgeon. I helped the lame to walk."
"Well, go right on in through the Pearly Gates"

"What did you do on Earth?"

"I was a school teacher. I taught the blind to see."

"Fine, go right on in through the Pearly Gates!"

"What did you do on Earth?"
"I was a musician. I helped make sad people happy."

"You can load in through the kitchen."

Senegalese Proverb of the Day

If a centipede loses a leg, it does not prevent him from walking.

Have a great day.

Kindest regards,
See it Š with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric Alan

RADIO SHOW HOST of ERIC ALAN¹S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on Radio 2000 - 97.2 to
100.2FM Sundays from 17h00 to 20h00
RADIO 2000 WEBSITE: www.radio2000.co.za <http://www.radio2000.co.za>
(Please note that if there is a sports event on the day then the show will
start an hour later)
WEBSITE EDITOR, MUSIC JOURNALIST, BROADCASTER, Jazz, Music & Cultural
Consultant
EDITOR: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS WEBSITE: www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
<http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za>
Founding Member: Western Cape Musicians Association
Member: SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
(International Association for Jazz Education)
Master of Ceremonies: Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape
Town Jazzathon and Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Contributor and CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape Town
Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape
Town, South Africa
Phone Mobil:
00 ­ (0) 21­ (0)82 ­ 456 ­ 2195
Phone Office:
00 ­ (0) 21­ 683 ­ 9845
Skype:
ericalan2
Email ­ Radio Station: Radio 2000
eric at radio2000.co.za <mailto:eric at radio2000.co.za>
Email Work:
editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za <mailto:editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za>
Email Home:
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za <mailto:eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za>

NB. Please confirm receipt of this email by way of a return mail with
Received in the subject line

#
Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.