[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday December 4

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Dec 4 21:53:44 EST 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Tuesday December 4, 2007

(Richard Carpenter) Walkin' - The Best of the Red Garland Trios - Prestige
- PRCD-5716-2

(Ben Tucker) Devilette - Clubhouse - Dexter Gordon - Blue Note - CDP 7
84445 2

(Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) Let's Fall in Love - The Harold Arlen Songbook
- Ella Fitzgerald - Verve - 817 527-2

(Ryan Cohan) Six Fortunes - One Sky - Ryan Cohan - Motema - MTM-00012

(Dave Brubeck) Autumn in Washington Square - The Essential Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 86993

(Sonny Berman, John La Porta) Sonny Speaks - I Remember Woody - John
LaPorta

(Bernstein, Comden, Green) I'm Lucky to Be Me - A Dream Come True - Trudy
Desmond - Just a Memory - JAM-9159-2

(Kosma, Mercer) Autumn Leaves - Somethin' Else - Cannonball Adderly - Blue
Note - 7243 4 95329 2 2

8:01 NPR News

(Peter Lerner) Lerner Burner - Cry for Peace - Peter Lerner - Blujazz - BJ
3357

(Jackson) A Beautiful Romance - Statements - Milt Jackson - Impulse -
GRD-130

(Dorough, Frishberg) Who's on First - Who's on First - Dave Frishberg and
Bob Dorough - Blue Note - 7243 5 23403 2 3

(Billy Byers) Doodle Oodle - Body & Soul - Al Cohn & Zoot Sims - 32Jazz -
32017

(Rodgers and Hart) Lover - Thinking of Gene - Michael Berkowitz and the
Gene Krupa Orchestra - Sea Breeze Jazz - SBJ 2143

(Austin, Jordan) Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby - The Best of Dinah
Washington - Roulette Jazz - CDP 0777 7 99114 2 4

(Benny Goodman) Benny's Bugle - Charlie Christian: Genius of the Electric
Guitar - Columbia - C4K 65564

(Rose, Link, Waller) I've Got a Feeling I'm Falling - Ain't Misbehavin' -
Fats Waller - ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5174

(Higgins, Overstreet) There'll Be Some Changes Made - An Introduction to
Ethel Waters: Her Best Recordings 1921-1940 - Best of Jazz - 4013

(Lonnie Johnson) Mean Old Bedbug Blues - Steppin' on the Blues - Lonnie
Johnson - Columbia - CK 46221

(Will Hudson) Hocus Pocus - Coleman Hawkins: A retrospective 1929-1963 -
Bluebird - 07863 66617-2

(Irving Berlin) Isn't This a Lovely Day - From This Moment on - Diana
Krall - Verve - B0007323-02

9:01 NPR News

(Rodgers and Hart) Falling in Love with Love - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels
Live at the Iridium - www.iporecords.com

(John Coltrane) Dear Lord - Dear Old Stockholm - John Coltrane - Impulse -
GRD-120

(Razaf, Waller, Brooks) Ain't Misbehavin' - Sarah Vaughan in Hi Fi -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 65117

(Wayne Shorter) Children of the Night - Terms of Art - John Brown Quintet

(Antonio Carlos Jobim) Ligia - Double Rainbow - Joe Henderson - Verve -
314 527 222-2

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You - The South of Everywhere -
Jonathan Kreisberg - Mel Bay Records - MB 10452 CD

(Miles Davis) Fran Dance - Dream of Nite - Dave Liebman - Verve -
B0010132-02

(Gordon, Warren) This Is Always - Champian - Champian Fulton with Davis
Burger & The Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder - SST 2205

(Rodgers and Hart) I Didn't Know What Time It Was - C'est Magnifique -
Ruby Braff and the Flying Pizarellis - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19270