[JPL] Remember Kenny Dorham

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 15:05:23 EST 2007

...this is from Kenny Dorham's daughter - I didn't get it until after
Wednesday (the day of the anniversary),

Today would mark the 35th year since my dad Kenny Dorham passed on. He was a
man still in his prime at 48 years of age. I've passed that age and realize
how young he really was and so much more music to be created. A gifted
musician, composer & arranger.  Writing and performing until the physical
body would no longer allow.  A brother to Max Roach, Milt Jackson, the
recently departed Cecil Payne.  A friend to The Adderley Brothers, T &
Nellie monk and many others. A person who loved his fellow Texans.  Please
remember him today by playing your favorite KD tune and smile.  He would
have loved that.

 Thank you,

 Evette Dorham