[JPL] DOBBIN'S DEN - DEC. 9th

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 7 16:25:45 EST 2007

DOBBIN'S DEN

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 655

On today's show we have a birthday salute to SEAMUS BLAKE and a CECIL PAYNE Memorial - they are joined by the likes of Steve Amirault, Lea DeLaria, the Mingus Orchestra plus J.J. Johnson, the Dizzy Gillespie big band, James Moody, Rolf Ericson, Randy Weston, Ray Charles,Tadd Dameron and Ray Crawford in the memorial portion.

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
December 9, 2007

WOODY HERMAN

THE ROAD BAND 1948 [HEP]

Tiny's Blues

STEVE AMIRAULT

THAT'S WHAT [ORIGAMI ]

*That's What  (Seamus Blake)

LEA DeLARIA

PLAY IT COOL [WARNER BROS.]ay In, Day Out

Once In A Lifetime (Seamus Blake)

BRYN ROBERTS

LUDLOW [BMR]

*Indie (Seamus Blake)

JERI BROWN

FIRM ROOTS [JUSTIN TIME]

*Loving Words

MINGUS ORCHESTRA

TONIGHT AT NOON [DREYFUS]

Noon Night (Seamus Blake)

CECIL PAYNE MEMORIAL

J.J. JOHNSON

BEBOP SPOKEN HERE [PROPER BOX]

Jay Bird (on alto)

DIZZY GILLESPIE

COMLETE RECORDINGS [RCA]

Ow!

Stay On It

JAMES MOODY

NEW SOUNDS [BLUE NOTE]

Cu-Ba

TADD DAMERON

FATS NAVARRO STORY [PROPER BOX]

Sid's Delight

CLARK TERRY

SWAHALI [LONEHILL]

Kitten

DUKE JORDAN

TRIO & QUINTET [SAVOY]

Scotch Blues

RAY CHARLES

THE BEST OF . [ATLANTIC]

Hallelujah I Love Her So

RANDY WESTON

WITH THESE HANDS [RIVERSIDE]

The Man I Love

CECIL PAYNE

PATTERNS OF JAZZ [SAVOY]

This Time The Dream's On Me

CASBAH [STASH]

Casbah

PAYNE'S WINDOW [DELMARK]

Martin Luther King Jr.

ROLF ERICSON

AND HIS ALL AMERICAN STARS [FRESH SOUND]

Forecast

JOHN COLTRANE

DAKAR [PRESTIGE]

Mary's Blues

RAY CRAWFORD

SMOOTH GROOVE [CANDID]

Miss April

CANADIAN CONTENT: 3 of 21

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)