[JPL] PLAYLIST Afternoon Jazz with Jason Miller KVLU 12-07-07

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:44:36 EST 2007

Afternoon Jazz
Hosted By Jason M. Miller
Mon. - Fri. 1p-3p
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 12-07-07

www.kvlu.org

Artist - Song(s) - Album - (Label)

Theme

  BREAK

Count Basie Orchestra - Exactly Like You - One O'Clock Jump - 1937
(Decca/MCA)
w/ Jimmy Rushing vocals
Sir Charles Thompson - Jumpin' With Symphony Sid - I Got Rhythm - Live
At The Jazz Showcase (Delmark)
Deep Blue Organ Trio - Short Story - Folk Music (Origin)
Joshua Redman - The Surrey With The Fringe On Top - Back East (Nonesuch)
Upper Left Trio - Don't Let It Bring You Down - Three (Origin)

  BREAK

Will Scruggs Jazz Fellowship - Redemption Song - BlueBariJam (Summit)
The Laverne Christie Trio - Pick Yourself Up - East of the Sun, West of
the Moon (Quiescent)

  BREAK

Al Cohn - I Want To Be Happy - Standards of Excellence (concord)
John Stein - You Stepped Out Of A Dream - Green Street (Whaling City
Sound)
Arnett Cobb - Funky Butt - Funky Butt (Progressive)

  BREAK

Christian Scott - The 9 - Anthem (Concord)
Christian Scott - Re:   - Anthem (Concord)
Branford Marsalis - St. Thomas - Renaissance (Columbia)

  BREAK

Kim Richmond Ensemble - The Peacocks - Live At Cafe Metropol (Origin)
Curtis Stigers - San Diego Serenade - Real Emotional (concord)

BREAK

Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Opus One - Vol.2 (Laserlight)