[JPL] RE: Andy Bey - Interview

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Sat Dec 8 00:59:59 EST 2007

For anyone interested in Andy Bey:

I did an interview with him in August for the Following Monk Festival, and it can be heard still at that website on his page.  He spoke with me about many topics, and I edited down an hour's worth of talk to 33 minutes:  his childhood influences, meeting Monk, thoughts about Carmen McRae, vocal and piano training, his current direction......
The website URL is        http://www.dukeperformances.duke.edu/programs/monk/bey.php
 or go to   FollowingMonk.org    and select his page.

Enjoy!

Susan

**Support Live Music**
Susan Reeves
PO Box 3047
Durham, NC  27715
susan at susanreeves.net
www.susanreeves.net
Straight No Chaser - 88.9 fm - WSHAfm.org
Project Consultant, Duke University/FollowingMonk.org