[JPL] Richard Williams

David Johnson djohnso2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 13:56:14 EST 2007

Peter, there's some analysis of Williams' trumpet playing and a little bit of background info on him in Mike Fitzgerald and Noal Cohen's Gigi Gryce bio RAT RACE BLUES (a book well worth reading for anybody interested in Gryce and/or 1950s hardbop).

David Brent Johnson
WFIU-Bloomington, IN

Peter Solomon <psolomon at ideastations.org> wrote: For sponsorship info: email jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

What ever happened to this trumpet player? I have him on records with
Mingus, Red Garland and Yusef Lateef and then after the 60's I don't know
where he went, thanks - Peter

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com