[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Dec 8,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 9 10:38:30 EST 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Dec 8,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Dec 8, 2007

Hour 1

LOU DONALDSON - "Groovin High" - Complete Blue Note Sessions 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

RON DISALVIO - "Cobb's Throb" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Tick Tock" - Spot - (Origin)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Misterioso" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

PHIL WOODS - "Springsville" - 20th Anniversary Box Set - (Mosaic)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Both Sides of the Fence" - Both Sides of the Fence - (Origin)

KENNY BURRELL - "Chitlins Con Carne" - Midnight Blue - (Blue Note)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Anthropology" - On the Rebop - (Origin)

BEEGIE ADAIR - "From This Moment On" - Dream Dancing - Songs of Cole Porter - (Hillsboro)

Hour 2

ERIC ALEXANDER - "God Bless The Child" - Alexander the Great - (Highnote)

ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY - "Moondance" - Slow - (Shanachie)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Just Your Smile" - Stardust On My Sleeve - (Indep)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Get On Board" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "Stardust" - Best of Supersax and L.A.Voices - (Indep)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "The Lady Is A Tramp" - The Song Is You - Best of Verve Songbooks - (Verve)

ELDAR - "Straight No Chaser" - Live at the Blue Note - (Sony)

BILL ANSCHELL - "One More Mile" - When Cooler Heads Prevail - (Summit)

JIMMY SMITH - "Back At the Chicken Shack" - Back At the Chicken Shack - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "A Night In Tunisia" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

DEXTER GORDON - "Second Balcony Jump" - Go - (Blue Note)

KENNY BURRELL/JOHN COLTRANE - "Freight Trane" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Body And Soul" - Brothers - (Summit)

MONTY ALEXANDER TRIO - "Body and Soul" - Impressions in Blue - (Telarc)

KENNY BURRELL - "Stormy Monday/Blues For the Count" - 75th Birthday Bash - (Blue Note)

JIM PEARCE - "Cleebo's Samba" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

JAY LAWRENCE TRIO - "You Can't Do That" - Thermal Strut - (Origin)

Hour 4

DUKE ROBILLARD - "Jim Jam" - Swing - (Rounder)

SARA GAZAREK - "Yours" - Yours - (Native Language)

MOSE ALLISON - "If You Live" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "But Beautiful" - The Timeless Now - (CTA)

GRANT GREEN - "Jean De Fleur" - Idle Moments - (Blue Note)

MACE HIBBARD - "Captain Caveman" - When Last We Met - (MHM)
TROY ANDREWS - "Congo Square" - The End of the Beginning - (Treme)

DAVID SILLS - "Fontok" - Green - (Origin)

HORACE SILVER - "Doodlin" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

Hour 5

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "Sweet Sticky Thing" - Folk Music - (Origin)

LOU DONALDSON - "Blues Walk" - Complete Blue Note Recordings 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

JANET METZGER - "Dindi" - Small Day Tomorrow - (indep)

SF JAZZ COLLECTIVE - "Moment's Notice" - SF Jazz Collective - (Nonesuch)

SEATTLE WOMENS JAZZ ORCH - "Encontro Das Aguas" - Meeting Of the Waters - (Origin)

EARL KLUGH - "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes" - Naked Guitar - (Koch)

ETTA JAMES - "Do Nothin Till You Hear From Me" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

SONNY CRISS - "Intermission Riff" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

DEBORAH BROWN - "What Is This Thing Called Love" - Jazz4Jazz - (Indep)

Hour 6

BILL ANSCHELL - "Little Niles" - When Cooler Heads Prevail - (Summit)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Blues In Da Groove" - Spot - (Origin)

KENNY BURRELL - "A Night In Tunisia" - 75th Birthday Bash - (Blue Note)

SCOTT BURNS - "Seascape" - Passages - (Origin)

TROY ANDREWS - "Summertime" - The End Of the Beginning - (Treme)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "Our Love Is Here to Stay" - We All Love Ella - (Concord)

JAZZ AT THE MOVIES BAND - "Round Midnight" - Body Heat - Jazz At the Movies - (Rhino)

ANNIE SELLICK - "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" - Stardust On My Sleeve - (Indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM