[JPL] Introducing myself to the list

stephanie at obliqsound.com stephanie at obliqsound.com
Mon Dec 10 01:39:58 EST 2007

Hi folks,

I just joined the list and wanted to introduce myself, if you'll allow.
I'm the public relations and marketing manager for ObliqSound.  If
you're not familiar with us, we've recently released albums from
Lionel Loueke, Gilfema, Aisha Duo, Andy Milne & Gregoire Maret, and a
great quartet of Paul Motian, Steve Swallow, Pietro Tonolo and Gil
Goldstein, among others. We have many more releases, but those are
most of the jazz-based albums.

I hope to learn all sorts of great things from the people on this list
and hope to return the favor as much as possible.

Also, I saw in the archives that there was an unanswered query from
Larry Dane-Kellogg of WHCJ 90.3 FM to our former company president,
just as he signed off the list....in response to your question, yes,
Alon Yavnai (long-time pianist for Paquito D'Rivera) has signed with
ObliqSound! His album Travel Notes will be out in the US in April 2008.

Lastly, I'm going to IAJE this year, where we'll have a booth and are
excited to see some of our musicians perform showcases, as well. I
hope to meet many of you there.

Happy holidays!
Stephanie

Stephanie Jo Klein