[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, December 10, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Dec 10 16:46:55 EST 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, December 10, 2007
Ray Nance, b. 12/10/13; Donald Byrd, b. 12/9/32

8:00 PM Duke Ellington Private Collection/Volume 4 Bad Woman SAJA 1963 featuring Ray Nance

8:06 PM Andy Bey Ain't Necessarily So Ain't Necessarily So 12th Street 2007
8:13 PM Freddy Cole Music Maestro Please Once in a While High Note 2007
8:16 PM Peter Beets New Groove In Your Own Sweet Way Criss Cross Jazz 2007

8:25 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings I Wished on the Moon Verve 1957 http://tinyurl.com/29429q Wikipedia entry
8:28 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Moonlight in Vermont Verve 1957
8:32 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings A Foggy Day Verve 1957 http://www.ladyday.net/ Lady Day fan site

8:39 PM David Hazeltine The Inspiration Suite Personage of Wes Sharp Nine 2007
8:45 PM Eric Alexander Temple of Olympic Zeus Someday We'll All Be Free High Note 2007
8:51 PM Bob DeVos Playing for Keeps Body and Soul Savant 2007

9:01 PM Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers The End of a Love Affair Columbia 1956
9:07 PM Donald Byrd Fuego Lament Blue Note 1959 http://tinyurl.com/3yhqcz Hard Bop Homepage feature
9:16 PM Donald Byrd Byrd in Flight Soulful Kiddy Blue Note 1960

Ray Nance, cornet, all titles:
9:25 PM Duke Ellington Centennial Edition Take the A Train RCA Victor 1941
9:28 PM Duke Ellington Centennial Edition Clementine RCA Victor 1941
9:31 PM Duke Ellington Centennial Edition Bli Blip RCA Victor 1941
9:34 PM Duke Ellington Unknown Session Everything But You Columbia 1960
9:37 PM Paul Gonsalves Ellingtonia Moods & Blues I'm Beginning to See the Light RCA Victor 1960

9:43 PM Paquito D'Rivera Funk Tango Caravan Sunnyside 2007
9:51 PM Bennie Wallace Disorder at the Border Body and Soul Enja 2007

10:02 PM Jim Snidero Tippin' The More I See You Savant 2007
10:07 PM John Stein Green Street Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me Whaling City Sound 2007
10:13 PM Gary Foster/Putter Smith Perfect Circularity Blue Hodge AJI 2007

10:20 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings I Didn't Know What Time It Was Verve 1957
10:26 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Just One of Those Things Verve 1957
10:31 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Comes Love Verve 1957

10:37 PM Chris Potter Song for Anyone The Absence Sunnyside 2007
10:45 PM Bill Easley Business Man's Bounce September Song 18th and Vine 2007
10:50 PM Bobby Hutcherson For Sentimental Reasons Jitterbug Waltz Kind of Blue 2007

10:57 PM Ray Nance Body and Soul Body and Soul Mighty Quinn 1969 http://tinyurl.com/2najrs Wikipedia entry

Tuesday's highlights: McCoy Tyner with John Coltrane; Billie Holiday, 1957; new releases by Eddie Daniels, Dena DeRose, and Mulgrew Miller.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR