[JPL] Good Jazz Bios

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 10 21:22:55 EST 2007

THE BEST BOOKS I HAVE READ THIS YEAR ARE:
LENNIE TRISTANO by Eunmi Shim
&
LEE KONITZ:CONVERSATIONS ON THE IMPROVISER'S ART
by Andy Hamilton
not a jazz book but
ALL THE REST IS NOISE by Alex Ross is
wonderfully researched book on music of the 20th century beginning with
Mahler and Richard Strauss and including Gershwin and Ellington.

Happy holidays and thanx for the music.

Len Dobbin