[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday December 10

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Dec 10 21:48:10 EST 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday December 10, 2007

(Gerald Wilson) Latin Swing - Monterey Moods - Gerald Wilson Orchestra -
Mack Avenue Records - MAC-1039

(Palmer, Williams) I Found a New Baby - Groove Street - Larry Young -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-1853-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Love Walked in - Sir Roland Hanna at Maybeck -
Concord Jazz - CCD-4604

(Warren, Gorman, Leslie) Rose of the Rio Grande - MJQ - Modern Jazz
Quartet / Milt Jackson Quintet - Prestige - OJCCD-125-2

(Ellington) Sophisticated Lady - Coleman Hawkins/Johnny Hodges in Paris -
Disques Vogue - 09026-68215-2

(Dizzy Gillespie) Algo Bueno - Roy and Diz - Roy Eldridge and Dizzy
Gillespie - Verve - 314 521 647-2

(Vernon Duke) Autumn in New York - Lady in Autumn: The best of the verve
Years - Billie Holiday Billie Holiday - Verve - 849 434-2

(Kern, Hammerstein) Why Do I Love You? - Blue Mitchell Plays for Lovers -
Blue Mitchell - Riverside - RCD-6021-2

(Raleigh, Edwards) Wonderful, Wonderful - Newk's Time - Sonny Rollins -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84001 2

8:01 NPR News

(Grieg, arr. by Ellington) Anitra's Dance - Three Suites - Duke Ellington
- Columbia - CK 46825

(Osie Johnson) Osmosis - Kenny Dorham Quintet - Debut Records - OJCCD-113-2

(Ellington, Mills, Nemo, Redmond) I Let a Song Go out of My Heart - Ain't
Necessarily So - Andy Bey - 12th Street - 9292982-2

(Jim Snidero) Tippin' - Tippin' - Jm Snidero - Savant - SCD-2086

(Campbell) I'm on a Cloud - Get Happy - Royce Campbell and Joe Kennedy -
www.foxhavenrecords.com - FX-70022

(Shields, Ragas, Edwards, La Rocca, Sbarbaro) Clarinet Marmalade /
(Traditional) NORK Blues - Friar's Inn Revisited - Art Hodes - Delmark -
DE-215

(Willie the Lion Smith) Relaxin' - Echoes of Spring - Willie the Lion
Smith - Milan - 73138 35623-2

(D. Fields, Jimmy McHugh) Blue Again - Louis Armstrong Volume 7: You're
Driving Me Crazy - Columbia/Legacy - CK 428828

(Holiday, Herzog) God Bless the Child - For Lady - Webster Young -
Prestige - OJCCD-1716-2

9:01 NPR News

(Oliver Nelson) Stolen Moments - The Blues and the Absract Truth - Oliver
Nelson - Impulse - IMPD-154

(R. Mellin, G. Wood) My One and Only Love - Listen to the Night - Linda
Sharrock, Eric Watson - Owl Records - SSC 3525

(Peter Lerner) The Mean Mr. Green - Cry for Peace - Peter Lerner - Blujazz
- BJ3357

(Amina Figarova) Mr. T.M. - Come Escape with Me - Amina Figarova - Munich
records - BMCD 465

(Max Roach) Blues Waltz - Proof Positive - JJ Johnson - Impulse - GRD-145

(Buddy Sylva, A. Francis, George Gershwin) I'll Build a Stairway to
Paradise / (DB Heyward, G. Gershwin) Summertime - The George Gershwin
Songbook Volume 2 - Sarah Vughan - Emarcy - 846 896-2

(Ned Washington, Vic Young) Stella by Starlight - Joe Henderson: The State
of the Tenor Volumes 1 & 2 - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 28879 2 8