[JPL] Good Jazz Bios

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 10 22:18:34 EST 2007

Hi Sanna,

I enjoyed the following.......

Louis Armstrong: An Extravangant Life by Laurence Bergreen

Footprints: The Life and Work of Wayne Shorter by Michelle Mercer

Still Grazing by Hugh Masekela

Let's Get To The Nitty Gritty by Horace Silver

Mister Jelly Roll by Alan Lomax

September In The Rain: The Life Of Nelson Riddle by Peter Levinson

I really enjoyed this book above all.......

Souled American: How Black Music Transformed White Culture by Kevin Phinney
which goes all the way back to the year the early 17th century and an
Englishman named Richard Jobson.  It's not a "jazz" biography book but a
book that deals with music created in this country with a ton of fascinating
stories and interviews.  Just an amazing read.

Happy Holidays!!!

Bobby Jackson