[JPL] FW: Good Jazz Bios --- Take II

Peter Poses pposes at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 11 01:06:42 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Peter Poses" < pposes at gmail.com>
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com, sftreat1 at pacbell.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:45:18 -0700
Subject: Good Jazz Bios
Sanna & Larry: Howzzit --- A few of the Jazz Bio'zz that have brought Njoymt
2 me are (in no particular order other than as my memory servezz):

Art Pepper's, "Straight Life";
Barry Ulanov's "Duke Ellington";
Gene Lees', "The Leader Of The Band" (Woody Herman);
Leslie Gourse's, "Madame Jazz" (mini bio'zz of Women In Jazz") & Art Blakey:
Jazz Messenger";
Michael Cogswell's "Louis Armstrong: The Offstage Story Of Satchmo";
Dennis Owsley's, "City Of Gabriels: The History Of Jazz In St. Louis, 1985 -
1973";
Donald L. Maggin's, The Life & Times Of John Birks Gillespie";
Ted Gioia's, "West Coast Jazz";
Gene Lees', " Jazz, Black And White: Cats Of Any Color" (Gene's Bio Essays
On His Jazz Formidablezz);
 Max Kaminsky & V.E. Hughes' "Jazz Band: My Life In Jazz";
William Zinser's, "Willie And Dwike: An American Profile";
Brian Priestley's, "Chasin' The Bird: The Life & Legacy Of Charlie Parker";
Gene Rizzo's, "The 50 Greatest Piano Players Of All Time";
Steven Loza's, Tito Puente & The Making Of Latin Music";
Lewis Porter's, John Coltrane: His Life & His Music";
Anito O'Day w/ George Eells, "High Times Hard Times";
Hampton Hawes', "Raise Up Off Me";
David Amram's. "Upbeat: Nine Lives Of A Musical Cat"; &
Howard Mandel's,  "Miles Ornette Cecil: Jazz Beyond Jazz!".

 UTNG, dig, Peter L. Poses, Host of "OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize"
from 'Round MidNight Thurzz. to 6AM Fri. on KRFC FT COLLINS (CO) - "Come
Together On HomeGrown Community Radio" - 88.9FM --- www.krfcfm.org. Poses is
Associate Editor of "The Rocky Mountain Jazz Beat" ---
www.rockymountainjazz.com , contributin' a weekly column to the Jazz.com for
N. CO & The Front Range, Ned Radinsky, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief and Jazz
Photographer. KRFC FT COLLINS, 88.9FM,  "Come Together On HomeGrown
Community Radio",  619 S. College Ave., #4, Ft. Collins, CO 80524 ---
303.221.5075.