[JPL] WGBH and Toast of the Nation

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 11 09:11:05 EST 2007

WGBH has again teamed up with Berklee College of music to present music
for Toast of The Nation. We will broadcast the radio premiere of Danilo
Perez's new work, The Panama Suite. It will feature Danilo and his trio
plus a big band. There are also vocalist. Danilo is on the faculty at
both Berklee and New England Conservatory which are just a few blocks
from each other.

The broadcast will come from the David Friend Recital Hall at Berklee.
It's a small room and the gathering is fund raiser for WGBH. Only 'GBH
members can attend. There is food and drink for those in attendance. The
city's New Year's Eve celebration, First Night, has a parade. The
starting point for the parade is literally right outside the front door
of David Friend.

It's a nice event. The guest arrive about an hour before the broadcast
to mingle and eat and drink. A few minutes before the broadcast starts
the band played some music to warm up the house and we did in house
intros. After the broadcast folks stayed around for about an hour so
it's an early evening for us.

I believe Danilo will be on my show tomorrow at 9 pm for an interview.
www.wgbh.org/jazz. Click on Listen Live.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston