[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, December 11, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Dec 11 18:32:01 EST 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, December 11, 2007
McCoy Tyner, b. Philadelphia, 12/11/38

8:00 PM McCoy Tyner Echoes of a Friend Naima Milestone 1972 http://www.mccoytyner.com/ McCoy's website

8:07 PM Joe Locke Sticks and Strings Appointment in Orvieto Jazz Eyes 2007
8:12 PM Eddie Daniels Homecoming déjà vu MJQ IPO 2007

8:23 PM Art Farmer/Benny Golson Complete Jazztet Sessions It Ain't Necessarily So Mosaic 1960
8:27 PM John Coltrane Coltrane's Sound Equinox Atlantic 1960
8:35 PM Freddie Hubbard Open Sesame One Mint Julep Blue Note 1960

8:44 PM John Coltrane My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Atlantic 1960
8:58 PM McCoy Tyner with Stanley Clarke and Al Foster The Night Has a Thousand Eyes Telarc 2004 http://tinyurl.com/35t72v NPR profile

9:05 PM Jimmy Greene Gifts and Givers Greene Blues Criss Cross Jazz 2007
9:12 PM Tom Harrell Light On Architect of Time High Note 2007

9:20 PM McCoy Tyner Reaching Fourth Theme for Ernie Impulse 1962 http://tinyurl.com/2m89u6 Wikipedia entry
9:26 PM John Coltrane Coltrane Soul Eyes Impulse 1962
9:31 PM McCoy Tyner Prelude and Sonata Good Morning Heartache Milestone 1995

9:40 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Darn That Dream Verve 1957
9:46 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings But Not for Me Verve 1957
9:50 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Body and Soul Verve 1957

9:59 PM McCoy Tyner 13th House Search for Peace Milestone 1980 http://tinyurl.com/2k6r8e Tyner discography
10:06 PM McCoy Tyner Quartet Walk Spirit Talk Spirit Half Note 2007

10:17 PM Dena DeRose Live at Jazz Standard Get Out of Town Max Jazz 2007
10:25 PM Dave Liebman Dream of Nite Fran Dance Verve 2007
10:35 PM Falkner Evans Arc Central Park West CAP 2007

10:40 PM Wayne Shorter Night Dreamer Night Dreamer Blue Note 1964
10:47 PM McCoy Tyner Illuminations Blessings Telarc Jazz 2004
10:51 PM Joe Henderson In'n Out Serenity Blue Note 1964

10:58 PM McCoy Tyner Jazz Roots You Taught My Heart to Sing Telarc Jazz 2000

Wednesday's highlights: birthday tributes to Frank Sinatra and Joe Williams; McCoy Tyner piano solos; new releases by Charlie Haden, Keith Jarrett, and Joan Stiles.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR