[JPL] Duke/Preminger

Tetrachord Music sftreat1 at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 11 19:15:21 EST 2007

Jae - Music scored by Duke and Strayhorn, although I believe that Billy was
not named in the screen credits.  According to David Hajdu's excellent "Lush
Life" biography of Strayhorn, Duke had Billy fill in for him early in the
production, while he was involved in other projects and then joined him
toward the latter part of the filming.  I see from the other postings that
Duke's name in the film was "Pie Eye".  That I didn't remember.  Good
questions.

Best,
Larry