[JPL] Duke/Preminger

Tetrachord Music sftreat1 at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 11 19:22:20 EST 2007

It was definitely Billy Strayhorn.  This also happened in the scoring of
"Paris Blues," where Duke got the credit, but Billy did most of the work.
Again, this came from the "Lush Life' bio of Strayhorn, where author David
Hajdu says of the Duke-Strayhorn collaboration in "Paris Blues":  "Strayhorn
was not acknowledged in the film's credits, even though the first music in
the movie is "Take the 'A' Train."

Larry Vuckovich