[JPL] Duke/Preminger

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 19:23:12 EST 2007

You're right Larry V...Billy wasn't given the credit but it was he who scored most of the music for the film. What's interesting is that if you really listen to that soundtrack it has Billy's harmonic devices all over it. Some said they couldn't tell the difference between the two. At times it was almost impossible I would agree but there were definitely differences in their compositional directions.

  Jae Sinnett

  For sponsorship info: email jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

> ...Take it a step further...Larry...who scored the film?
> Jae Sinnett

Jae,

Duke Ellington composed the music for the film. The Music Director/Conductor was Gerald Wilson, who also played trumpet in the band on the soundtrack. I can't recall whether he took any solos.

Larry

http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec--

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com