[JPL] Good Jazz Bios

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Wed Dec 12 14:51:28 EST 2007

Hi Sanna,

I agree on the Desmond book & Ben Ratliff's Coltrane and I know you've got
a great list to choose from, but I just had to add a favorite jazz
musician memoir:

Don Asher "Notes From A Battered Grand" [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich]

50 years of insightful, insider stories about the real life of a jazz
piano player.
Rare to find a musician with this gift of words. Sadly out of print but I was
able to find a copy on www.abebooks.com

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

802-654-4343
jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net
Mon-Thu 8-10pm,Fri 9pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner