[JPL] Next week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Dec 13 09:08:48 EST 2007

Christmas Cheer…Cheers for the Return To Forever reunion tour and lot’s of funky fun as usual, next week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz!

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) SATELLiTE RADiO
33 West 60th Street
10th Floor
New York, NY 10023
russ.davis at xmradio.com

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (17-23 December 2006)

This Monday, December 17th, we’ll celebrate another jazz birthday as we present another edition of our special feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of the master drummer of jazz fusion, LENNY WHITE! You’ll get the mojo behind the music from Lenny himself and a full hour of his music just two days before his birthday. You’ll hear Lenny’s solo work as well as his collaborations with legendary artists like Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard and of course the seminal fusion powerhouse Return To Forever who’ll be reuniting in 2008 for a worldwide tour. Listen for MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS every Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, and this week we feature the birthday boy, LENNY WHITE on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy a special holiday edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION hosted by Michelle Sammartino...and this time Michelle’s in the spirit with her annual XMAS FUNK JAM SPECIAL!!!!. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday, Christmas Eve, at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. Listen as Michelle gets the holiday cooking with funky sounds of the season by Robert Walter, Skerik, John Scofield, Jazz Mandolin Project and many more! So get ready to open up a jar of Christmas Jam as Michelle serves up her XMAS FUNK JAM SPECIAL!!!!...her special holiday edition of JAMMIN’ JAZZ.

This week join us in our week-long celebration of the reunion of Return To Forever as we present CHICK,  LENNY, AL & STANLEY LIVE on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week you’ll hear live, solo performances by Chick Corea, Lenny White , Al Di Meola and Stanley Clarke as we get ready for the biggest event of 2008…the reunion tour of Return To Forever! It’s CHICK, LENNY, AL & STANLEY LIVE on this week’s addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

This week we celebrate the reunion of RETURN TO FOREVER with an RTF classic every hour on this week’s edition of IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic piece from that incredible super-group of Fusion,  Chick Corea, Al Di Meola, Lenny White and Stanley Clarke who will re-unite in 2008 for a world wide tour. Celebrate the reunion of RETURN TO FOREVER with us, on this week’s edition of IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!

This weekend Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN!” Join award-winning presenter, producer and writer Mark Ruffin as he covers the many aspects of the world of modern jazz from his perspective.  Listen twice each weekend for THE MOJA REPORT, Saturday mornings at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific, just before Words & Music begins, and Sunday nights at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, part of the Sunday Specials. It’s "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN,” and on this week’s edition Mark joins in on our week-long celebration of the 2008 reunion of Return To Forever with a show  he calls “The Fab Four Of Fusion,” that focuses not only on songs from this seminal fusion super-group but also on the solo work of Chick, Al, Lenny & Stanley.

This Saturday December 22nd we'll get in the holiday spirit with a special presentation of WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ titled CHRISTMAS IN MOJA-LAND!  Join the stars of Modern Jazz as they share messages of family, friendship, peace, good will and of course their own great Christmas Jazz. You’ll hear the comments and brand new Christmas music of Larry Carlton and his vocalist wife Michele Pillar, plus holiday goodies from, Dianne Reeves, The Yellowjackets, Chick Corea, Grover Washington, Jr., John Scofield and many more! Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). It’s CHRISTMAS IN MOJA-LAND…this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested s ongs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.