[JPL] Library Inventory

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Dec 13 12:31:58 EST 2007

<<<< Anybody out there using a kick ass music inventory software system to
digitize their database? Do you use CDDB for CD info? Scanning the bar code?

We've been scanning bar codes for several years now, first for our playlists
using the same data base that outlets like Amazon, CD Baby and others use,
the identification rate is about 60 to 65%, the others still need to be
manually entered. For the past 2 years we have ben using the CDDB now known
as Gracenote for entering new arrivals to our library database and slowly
entering exisiting library items into a new on line database for internal
use. Gracenotes' ID rate is about the same, very frustrating for me as it
takes me a lot of time to manually enter the info required in order to make
that CD a CURRENT and or library item. Bottom line BH, there's is no magic
wand nor perfect solution, we've investaigated using a pay service like I
Tunes uses and they are not cost effective and they are also not a 100%
readable service, I'd say about 85 to 90%, higher than the oither two.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance with this or any other musical
inquiry in the future.

Thanks for listening, we appreciate it.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO