[JPL] Obituary For Tom Terrell

OntheBeach at aol.com OntheBeach at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 13:23:39 EST 2007

thanks mitchell for posting this, and bobby: yeah you right....

tom was a friend for nearly 30 years. his was a pure soul...

even when life tossed him a curve he was full of spirit (and a touch of piss
& vinegar too)

our connection was pretty immediate--broad eclectic musical tastes, former
dj's...

reggae in particular forged a stronger bond between us...he loved his life,
he loved his music

and he loved being a champion for the music.

in his own way, he had a cool, casual elegance.

its so easy to visualize T, especially when you would run into him after some
time:.

"hey, ricky, man, how ARE you?"

i know tom will be keeping some seats warm for his many friends, in between
hangin' and

talkin' with all his musical heroes:  jazz heaven has a new resident, and its
so easy to

visualize T, "hey bud powell, how ARE you man?"

its almost hard to say R I P, 'cause you know tom is running himself ragged
catching up

with all the cats--

he was, is and will always be....one of them.

ricky schultz
jazz consultant