[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, December 13, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Dec 13 16:12:21 EST 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, December 13, 2007
featuring tenor saxophonist Grant Stewart, b. Toronto, Ontario, June 4, 1971

8:00 PM Grant Stewart In the Still of the Night Theme for Ernie Sharp Nine 2007 http://www.grantstewartjazz.com/ Grant's website

8:08 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Day In Day Out Verve 1957
8:15 PM Waverly Seven Yo! Bobby I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me Anzic 2007
8:19 PM Kurt Elling Nightmoves Tight Concord Jazz 2007

8:26 PM Grant Stewart Downtown Sounds Smada` Criss Cross Jazz 1992 http://tinyurl.com/2qlyha video clip of Grant at Small's
8:34 PM Grant Stewart More Urban Tones Nica's Tempo Criss Cross Jazz 1995
8:40 PM Grant Stewart Buen Rollo Something to Live For Fresh Sound 1998

8:50 PM Paul Bollenback Invocation Alter Ego Elefant Dreams 2007
8:56 PM Deep Blue Organ Trio Folk Music This I Dig of You Origin 2007

9:03 PM Martin Bejerano Evolution/Revolution Bouncing With Bud Reservoir 2007
9:09 PM Victor Goines Love Dance Confirmation Criss Cross Jazz 2007
9:16 PM Tardo Hammer Look Stop & Listen Focus Sharp Nine 2007

9:24 PM Grant Stewart Tenor and Soul Tijuana Gift Shop Videoarts Music 2005 http://tinyurl.com/32junw Stewart podcast link
9:31 PM Grant Stewart Buen Rollo Dizzy Moods Fresh Sound 1998

9:40 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings They Can't Take That Away From Me Verve 1957
9:47 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Embraceable You Verve 1957
9:53 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Let's Call the Whole Thing Off Verve 1957
9:57 PM Billie Holiday Complete Verve Recordings Gee Baby Ain't I Good to You Verve 1957

10:03 PM Curtis Stigers Real Emotional Your Mind Is on Vacation Concord Jazz 2007
10:07 PM Phil Woods Swingchronicity Along Came Betty Jazzed Media 2007
10:13 PM Gary Smulyan More Treasures Stop Reservoir 2007

10:21 PM Reeds and Deeds Wailin' That's Earl Brother Criss Cross Jazz 2005
10:29 PM Grant Stewart In the Still of the Night Autumn in New York Sharp Nine 2007 http://tinyurl.com/39lcxf All About Jazz feature

10:40 PM Carol Sloane Dearest Duke I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart Arbors 2007
10:44 PM The Cohens Braid Like Somone in Love Anzic 2007
10:47 PM Los Angeles Jazz Ensemble Expectation All Blues Kind of Blue 2007

10:56 PM Steve Nelson Sound-Effect Sound Essence High Note 2007

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR