[JPL] Good Jazz Bios

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Fri Dec 14 15:41:55 EST 2007

Hi Steve,

I really enjoyed the Quincy Jones book which I read awhile back.  It was
an interesting cross reference concerning two other books I've read.
One is an audio book (5 CD's) about music mogul Walter Yetnikoff called,
"Howling At The Moon." Yetnikoff is a central figure in the rise of
Columbia Records and its merger with Sony during the 70's.  His
recollections of Michael Jackson are priceless.  The audio book is
actually read by Yetnikoff who at times becomes very emotional adding an
interesting dimension to the book.  Pop culture author David Ritz
co-produced the audio book.

The other book is called "Hit Men" by Fredric Dannen.  Talk about
revealing the sordid underpinnings of the recording industry!  Yetnikoff
and his exploits take up much of the text in this one.