[JPL] Batista

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:37:55 EST 2007

Here's my favorite portion of this hilariously scary story:

"I believe his music is different from how people characterize it," Batista
says.

"It's a step up from jazz. A lot of people criticize him because they say a
lot of his music is not even jazz, but I think that means he's created his
own type of music, which I think is great. He has been one of the greatest
musicians of the last few years. He's packed theaters in places where people
don't even speak the language."

A step *up* from jazz?!?  OMG...  And, uh, what language?  Jazz?  English?