[JPL] Frank Morgan

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 17:29:37 EST 2007

Wow. Terribly sorry to hear this. Another one leaves us. I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to play with Frank. Kenny Drew Jr was on that hit as well. We had fun and Frank was a gentle spirit. He loved this music. His life story is one for the screen indeed.

  Jae Sinnett

  For sponsorship info: email jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

We've just been notified that Frank Morgan passed away peacefully from
kidney failure this morning, near his family and friends in his hometown
of Minneapolis. He had just completed a successful European tour, even
though he was worried about his health. A memorial gathering is planned
in his longtime home town of Taos, New Mexico, on what would have been
his 74th, birthday, December 23.

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com