FW: [JPL] Frank Morgan RIP

Larry Thomas lrt0393 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 19:33:51 EST 2007

From: lrt0393 at hotmail.comTo: jazzpromo at earthlink.netSubject: RE: [JPL] Frank Morgan RIPDate: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:55:20 +0000

Sad news indeed.  I emceed a show that he headlined when he played here in Chapel Hill when he made his comeback.  He was a very humble, beautiful cat who had a great smile, and serious chops.   I am reminded of what the late Prophet Jennings (an artist/former pimp, formerly of Detroit, who Freddie Hubbard wrote a tune for and who was included in The Miles Davis Radio Project) told me once about Frank when I interviewed him at his West Hollywood, California home several years ago.   Prophet said that Frank Morgan "sounded sadder than a baby's funeral."  May peace be with him.    > Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:22:04 -0500> Subject: FW: [JPL] Frank Morgan RIP> From: jazzpromo at earthlink.net> To: jazzpromo at earthlink.net> > > Subject: [JPL] Frank Morgan> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++> We've just been notified that Frank Morgan passed away peacefully from> kidney failure this morning, near his family and friends in his hometown> of Minneapolis. He had just completed a successful European tour, even> though he was worried about his health. A memorial gathering is planned> in his longtime home town of Taos, New Mexico, on what would have been> his 74th, birthday, December 23.> --> > Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com> > ------ End of Forwarded Message> >

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!