[JPL] Frank Morgan

Ron Gill ron_gill at verizon.net
Fri Dec 14 21:29:43 EST 2007

=====================
From: Larry Appelbaum <jumpmonk at hotmail.com>
Date: 2007/12/14 Fri PM 07:48:39 CST
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: RE: [JPL] Frank Morgan

For sponsorship info: email jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are always saddened when someone passes, and especially those of us in the
jazz community. Each loss means we will no longer hear new things by that
artist and the way our industry is at this point, one more loss is too many.
Frank Morgan was a giant of a musician, producing wonderful music. The fact
that so many years were lost when he was younger because of his addiction, he
returned and made up for it by making music that will last and will be played
and heard by many. Timeless!
Not sure how many believe in the theory of three. We had them already, with
Payne, Ike and now Frank. Hope that's it for now.
May he rest in peace.
Ron Gill

If anyone is interested, I did a Before & After piece with Frank in the March
2003 issue of JazzTimes. He had interesting, insightful and revealing things
to say about the music played for him. The piece is available on the JazzTimes
website: http://jazztimes.com. I'm also happy to send it to anyone if you'll
write me off-list.

Larry

http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_122007--