[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday December 14

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Dec 14 21:51:41 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday December 14, 2007

(Bernier, Brainin) The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - Quiet Fire - Frank
Morgan and Bud Shank - Contemporary - CCD-14064-2

(John Lewis) Milano - Bop! - Frank Morgan with the Rodney Kendrick Trio -
Telarc Jazz - CD-83413

(Miller) Bernie's Tune / (Coslow, Johnson) My Old Flame / (Morgan) Neil's
Blues - Frank Morgan - GNP/Crescendo - GNPD 9041

(Michel LeGrand) You Must Believe in Spring - You Must Believe in Spring -
Frank Morgan - Antilles - 314 512 570-2

(George Cables) Helen's Song / (John Coltrane) Bessie's Blues -  Raising
the Standard - Frank Morgan - High Note -  HCD 7143

8:01 NPR News

(Charlie Parker) Yardbird Suite - The Modern Jazz Quartet at Music Inn:
Volume 2 - Atlantic Jazz - 1299-2

(Pete La Roca) Candu - Basra - Pete La Roca - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 32091
2 5

(Ray Charles) Hard Times / (C. Lewis) Today I Sing the Blues / (Leonard
Feather) Evil Gal Blues - The Queen in Waiting - Aretha Franklin -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 85696

(Keith Jarrett) Is It Really the Same? - Dream Weaver/Love in - Charles
Lloyd - 32Jazz - 32117

(Cole Porter) I Concentrate on You - Monterey Moods - Gerald Wilson
Orchestra - Mack Avenue Records - MAC 1039

(Gerdshwin) Love Walked in - Interchanges '54 - Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 47032

(Cole Porter) All through the Night - Dream Dancing - Jimmy Knepper -
Criss Cross Jazz 0 1024 CD

(Ellington) Solitude - Solos Duets and Trios - Duke Ellington - RCA
Bluebird - 2178-2-RB

9:01 NPR News

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You - Love Letters - Roy Haynes -
Eighty-Eights / Columbia - CK 87197

(Kenny Dorham) Prince Albert - The Jazz Messengers at the Café Bohemia
Volume 1 - Blue Note - 7243 5 32148 2 1

(Dameron, Sigman) If You Could See Me Now - Portrait of Sheila - Sheila
Jordan - Blue Note - CDP 7 89002 2

(Billy Eckstine) I Got a Date with Rhythm - The Legendary Big Band: Billy
Eckstine - Savoy Jazz - SVY 17125

(Bud Powell, Gil Fuller) Webb City - Goin' to Minton's - Fats Navarro -
Savoy Jazz - 92861-2

(Mercer, Whiting) Too Marvelous for Words - The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson
Volume 2 - Blue Note - CDP 7 81506 2

(Hodges) What It's All about - Gerry Mulligan Meets Johnny Hodges - Verve
- 440 065 513-2

(Burke, Van Hesuen) Moonlight Becomes You - Grey December - Chet Baker -
Capitol/Pacific Jazz - CDP 7 97160 2

(Rodgers and Hart) Manhattan - Brass/Trio - Sonny Rollins - Verve - 815
056-2

(Gershwin, Gershwin) Someone to Watch over Me - Ain't Necessarily So -
Andy Bey - 12th Street Records - 9292982-2