[JPL] The 39 Great Lies of The Music Business

Peter Poses pposes at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 16 03:15:01 EST 2007

"The JPL": Howzzit --- FYI.

UTNG, dig, djSOS aka Peter L. Poses, Host of "OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of
Surprize" from 'Round MidNight Thurzz. to 6AM Fri. on KRFC FT COLLINS (CO) -
"Come Together On HomeGrown Community adio" - 88.9FM --- www.krfcfm.org.
Poses is Associate Editor of "The Rocky Mountain Jazz Beat" ---
www.rockymountainjazz.com, contributin' a weekly column to the Jazz.com for
N. CO & The Front Range, Ned Radinsky, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief and Jazz
Photographer. KRFC FT COLLINS, 88.9FM,  "Come Together On HomeGrown
Community Radio",  619 S. College Ave., #4, Ft. Collins, CO 80524 ---
303.221.5075.

    Max Donaldson is a stalwart Denver, CO Jazzbo by way of K.C. In a past
life-time he was a writer for Soupy Sales. He faithfully served the now
defunct "Denver Jazz On Film Festival" for a number of yrzz. Currently, he
does Max Donaldson's Humorous Slice of American History.
Max is a professional speaker who has entertained a wide variety audiences
across the US - - part comic, part showman, historian, and entertainer
...For more info www.maxdonaldsonlive.com/

Hey, all you cats....THE MERRIEST FROM DENVER!

The 39 Great Lies of The Music Business:

The booking is definite.

Your check's in the mail.

We can fix it in the mix.

The show starts at 8.

My secretary will take care of it.

I'm sure it will work.

Your tickets are at the door.

It sounds in tune to me.

Sure, it sounds fine at the back of the hall.

I know your mic is on I checked it myself.

She'll (He'll) be backstage after the show.

Yes, the spotlight was on you during your solo.

The stage mix sounds just like the program mix.

The club will provide the PA and lights.

I really love the band.

We'll have it ready by tonight.

We'll have lunch sometime

If it breaks, we'll fix it for free

We'll let you know

I had nothing to do with your marriage breaking up. It was on the  rocks
long before I ever met you.

The place was packed.

We'll have you back next week.

It's on the truck.

My last band had a record deal, but we broke up before recording the album.

Someone will be there early to let you in.

I've only been playing for a year.

I've been playing for 20 years.

We'll have flyers printed tomorrow.

I'm with the band.

The band drinks free.

You'll get your cut tonight.

We'll supply someone for the door.

There'll be lots of maintenance guys when you get there.

You'll have plenty of time for a sound check.

My other horn is a Mark VI.

We'll definitely come to the gig.

and...You can depend on me. www.maxdonalsonlive.com.