[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Dec 15,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 16 14:25:49 EST 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Dec 15,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Dec 15, 2007

Hour 1

THELONIOUS MONK W/JOHN COLTRANE - "Sweet and Lovely" - At Carnegie Hall - (Blue Note)

MOSE ALLISON - "I Ain't Got Nothin But the Blues" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

JIMMY SMITH - "Messy Bessie" - Back At the Chicken Shack - (Blue Note)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Blues On Down" - Complete Argo-Mercury - (Mosaic)

DUKES OF DIXIELAND - "Merry Christmas Baby" - Christmas in New Orleans - (Leisure Jazz)

KARRIN ALLYSON - "Follow the Footprints" - Footprints - (Concord)

LOU DONALDSON - "Herman's Mambo" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Kokomo" - On the Rebop - (OA2)

Hour 2

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY - "Waltz for Debby" - Complete Bill Evans Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

GENE BURKERT - "Yesterdays" - The Jazz Palette - (Sea Breeze)

GERI ALLEN - "Embraceable You" - Timeless Portraits and Dreams - (Telarc)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "The Breeze And I" - Both Sides of the Fence - (Origin)

FRANK AMSELLAM - "Bud Will Be Back Shortly" - Summer Times - (Sunnyside)

SONNY ROLLINS - "St Thomas" - Saxophone Colossus - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Peri's Scope" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

RAY BARRETTO - "Brandy's Blues" - Standards Rican-ditioned - (Zoho)

BOB SHAW - "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - A Celebration of Christmas - (Varga Sound)

Hour 3

REBECCA BARRY - "Everything Happens to Me" - And Then Some - (PCG)

MOSE ALLISON - "Meet Me At No Special Place" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Accentuate The Positive" - No Greater Thrill - (Indep)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "Last Night When We Were Young" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

JOEL FRAHM - "Bob's Blues" - We Came To Dance - (Anzik)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Caravan" - New York Voices - (GRP)

BRUCE CAMERON - "She Was Too Good To Me" - A Blue Comet - (Cexton)

JEFF BAKER - "Midnight Blue" - Monologue - (Origin)

BOBBY BROOM - "Coming Home" - Song And Dance - (Origin)

Hour 4

FRANK KIMBROUGH - "Jimmy G" - Play - (Palmetto)

MILES DAVIS - "All Blues" - Kind of Blue - (Sony)

LEE MORGAN - "The Sidewinder" - The Sidewinder - (Blue Note)

JACKIE ALLEN - "You Could Be Fred" - The Men In My Life - (A440)

BILL ANSCHELL - "At The End of the Day" - More to the Ear Than Meets the Eye - (Origin)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "Beginning Of An Endless Happy Monday" - The Timeless Now - (CTA)

BOB SHAW - "Let It Snow" - A Celebration of Christmas - (Varga Sound)

Hour 5

EVANS AND COPPOLA - "Lullaby of the Leaves" - Flamingo - (Indep)

ALEX BUDMAN AND THE CONTEMPORARY JAZZ ORCH - "Sidewave" - Instruments of Mass Pleasure - (Origin)

MONIKA HERZIG ACOUSTIC PROJECT - "Night And Day" - What Have You Gone and Done - (Acme)

RAY BROWN TRIO - "Fried Pies" - Walk On - (Telarc)

PATTI AUSTIN - "Lady Be Good" - Avant Gershwin - (Rendezvous)

BILL WATROUS/PETE CHRISTLIEB/GARY URWIN JAZZ ORCH - "E.S.P." - Kindred Spirits - (Summit)

SUSIE ARIOLI BAND - "On the Sentimental Side" - That's For Me - (Justin Time)

VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - "Linus And Lucy" - A Charlie Brown Christmas - (Fantasy)

DEXTER GORDON - "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Jingle Bell Jazz - (Sony)

Hour 6

BENNY GREEN - "Russellin" - Naturally - (Telarc)

WAYNE BERGERON - "Maynard and Waynard" - Plays Well for Others - (Concord)

ALEXIS COLE - "God Bless the Child" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

PABLO ASLAN - "Loca Bohemia" - Buenos Aires Tango Standards - (Zoho)

KEN PEPLOWSKI/HOWARD ALDEN - "Blue Room" - Concord 30th Box Set - (Concord)

CARL ALLEN/RODNEY WHITAKER - "Alternative Thoughts" - Get Ready - (Mack Avenue)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "I Want To Be Happy" - Best of Verve Songbooks - (Verve)

TAYLOR FIDYK BIG BAND - "Bradley's Bop House" - Live at Blues Alley - (Origin)

BOBBY MCFERRIN - "Round Midnight" - Round Midnight Soundtrack - (Sony)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM