[JPL] Joel Dorn

Mark Rini mark at groovmarketing.com
Mon Dec 17 17:56:03 EST 2007

This is sad news indeed. One of the most interesting, insightful and
funny panels I've ever attended was one with Joel and John Sinclair at a
CMJ convention years back. It was one of the few industry panels that I
I've attended that I can remember not wanting it to end. I also recall
vividly him telling these wildly hilarious Rahsaan Roland Kirk stories
at a JazzWeek summit. What a huge loss. RIP!

Mark Rini
GROOV Marketing- Northwest
1633 N. Sumner St.
Portland, OR 97217-3745
mark at groovmarketing.com
877-476-6832 Ext. 1
Direct: 503-286-0006
http://www.groovmarketing.com

Hi Bobby and All.  I hate to confirm that Joel did pass away earlier
today of a heart attack.  This was after beating prostate cancer a few
years back.  I talked with his associate Kevin Calabro earlier this
afternoon and Kevin confirmed his passing.  Joel was such a breath of
fresh air and always full of excitement.  He did leave us some beautiful

music.  Keven asked that we play some of Joe's releases in his memory
which seems like a great idea.  ALOHA  Tom