[JPL] Joel Dorn

onthebeach at aol.com onthebeach at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 19:40:56 EST 2007

oh man....its a sad day for jazzers.  JD was a huge force and an original...and funny too! his work for atlantic alone, would put him in the Jazz Hall of Fame.  fortunately he was generous in spirit and cool about sharing his experience and wisdom and passed it on to his son adam who does great creative stuff.

i can imagine well constructed jazz hours, or entire shows highlighting JD's body of work.

"does your house have lions?"
RIP joel.

ricky schultz
jazz consultant