[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Monday December 17

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Dec 17 21:56:27 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday December 17, 2007

(Bobby Benson) Niger Mambo / (Weston) Zulu / (Weston) Congolese Children -
Uhuru Africa / Highlife - Randy Weston - Roulette Jazz - CDP 7945102

(Horace Silver) Song for My Father - Song for My Father - Horace Silver -
Blue Note - 7243 4 99002 2 6

(Eddie Cleanhead Vinson) Hold It! - Cleanhead & Cannonball - Eddie
Cleanhead Vinson and Cannonball Adderly - Milestone - MCD-9324-2

(Sonny Rollins) St Thomas - St Thomas - Cedar Walton - Evidence -
ECD-22161-2

(Rodgers and Hart) My Funny Valentine - Blues on down - Art Farmer and
Benny Golson - Chess - GRD-802

(David Hazeltine) Dave's System - Temple of Olympic Zeus - Eric Alexander
- High Note - HCD 7172

(Abbey Lincoln, Hank Jones) Angel Face - Wish - Kendra Shank - Jazz Focus
- JFCD 028

8:01 NPR News

(Gershwin) Oh Lady Be Good - The Essential Count Basie Volume 1 - Columbia
- CK 40608

Pagin' the Devil / Jo Jo - Lester Young: The Kansas City Sessions -
Commodore - CMD-402

(M. Pinkard, S. Mitchell, F. Alexander) Sugar - Lady Day: The Best of
Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 85979

(Neiburg, Dougherty, Reynolds) I'm Confessin' That I Love You - Solo Monk
- Thelonious Monk - Columbia/Legacy - CK 47854

(Santi Debriano) Santi's Africaleidoscope - Con Alma - Mark Weinstein -
Jazzheads - JH 1154

(Ari Hoenig) Dark News - Inversations - Ari Hoenig - Dreyfuss Jazz - 36900

(Bob DeVos) And So It Goes - Playing for Keeps - Bob DeVos - Savant - SCD
2088

(Billy Strayhorn) My Little Brown Book - Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life -
Diane Reeves - Blue Note - 7243 8 73550 2 6

(Ralph Burns) Bijou - Woody Herman: Blowin' up a Storm - Woody Herman -
Columbia / Legacy - C2K 65646

(Shay, Fisher, Goodwin) When You're Smiling - Modern Art - Art Pepper -
Blue Note - CDP 7 46848 2

(Shelton Brooks) Darktown Strutters Ball - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy -
82876 83267 2

9:01 NPR News

(D.L. Hill, W. Robison) Old Folks - Someday My Prince Will Come - Miles
Davis - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65919

(Freddie Green, lyrics by Donald Wolf) Until I Met You - Marlena Shaw Live
in Tokyo - 441 Records - FFO-0008

(Gil Evans, Miles Davis) The Time of the Baracudas - Footprints - The Life
and Music of Wayne Shorter - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 89150

(Ellington) In a Sentimental Mood - Caravan: The Jazz Giants Play Duke
Ellington - Sonny Rollins and the Modern Jazz Quartet - Prestige -
PRCD-24227-2

(Jesse Pickett) The Dream / (Johnson) Snowy Morning Blues  - The Original
James P Johnson 1942-1945 - Smithsonian Folkways - SF CD 40812

(Ellington) Main Stem - Caravan: The Jazz Giants Play Duke Ellington Zoot
Sims - Prestige - PRCD-24227-2

(Jerry Ginsberg, Torrie Zito) A Tender Thing Is Love - Clear out of This
World - Helen Merrill - Antilles - 314 512 654-2

(Ivory Joe Hunter) I Almost Lost My Mind - Prayer Meetin' - Jimmy Smith -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84164 2

(Bonfa, Peretti, Creatore, Weiss) Carnival (Manha de Carnaval) - The Body
& Soul of Freddie Hubbard - Impulse - IMPD-183